Options

Issue first time winterizing

Hello! Winterized my 2017 T@B CS-S today. When I opened the valve to drain the fresh water tank, nothing came out! Even when I raised and lowered the axle to shift any remaining water. 

I then proceeded to use the blow out method and poured antifreeze down the drains. 

My tank monitor still reads 6%. Any ideas?

thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I have a tab 400. The drain is by the rear wheel. If yours is similar maybe it's just full of gunk. Try poking it out. Also there have been discussions on this forum about where the drain and inlet are in the tank. They are not at the bottom. You would have to get quite a tilt in the drain direction to empty it.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    On the 320, the T for the pump and the fresh water tank do come off the bottom near the front of the Tab.  Same for the CS.  

@tealriver, did you get water from the faucet when you ran the pump or was it sputtering?  
     The tank monitors are known to be inaccurate, so 6% may well be empty.  You also may have gunk in the tank.  Check your pump filter first then run a wire or an electrician’s fish tape up the fresh water valve just to see if it is obstructed.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Mine reads 13% when empty
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    If you have blown your lines out and not noticed any residual water leaving it is probably dry.  You could try pushing some weed whacker line back up and into the tank or closing the valve and building up pressure in the system via a compressor and releasing it.  But nonetheless a little residual water in the FW tank won’t hurt anything even if it does freeze.  I used a small portable compressor a month ago out west to winterize my 400 and was able to blow out all water in the lines.  Just make sure you undo your water pump lines, unscrew the filter and empty out any residual water in that area and you should be fine.  I dumped a gallon of pink RV antifreeze in the black tank and a gallon through the sink and shower drains, made sure the batteries were fully charged before turning off and isolating the batteries and tucking the old girl in for a long winters sleep.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    I always thought mine was empty at 13% until I winterized earlier this month. I lowered the tongue as low as it would go and got approximately 1.5 more gallons out of the tank. The monitor then read 0%. Lesson learned, be sure to lower the tongue to fully drain. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2019
    If the issue persists after lowering the tongue below level to drain, you could try back-flushing the drain outlet with a water hose, in case there is something blocking either the drain or tank outlet.
    Alternatively, you could try disconnecting the water intake hose from the pump and apply briefly some low pressure compressed air (with fresh water tank drain open first, then closed briefly), just in case there might be something blocking the tank outlet or drain.  Then add more water & see if it drains to zero.  If it seems empty but still shows 6%, then either there's junk blocking a sensor or it needs calibration or replacement.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods