Options

Waste water hose yoke

TabbyJenTabbyJen Member Posts: 3

This yoke will minimize “water wiggle” at the honey hole. 

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    ...which could prove to be bad! 🤢💩
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Welcome to the Forums!  And a first post with a useful mod!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @TabbyJen, welcome and way to go!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    My bend a clear one doesn't have a handle do I just keep a housebrick in the truck bed to weigh the bend down. Nice fix from you tho.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I see that being a nasty germ soaked piece of wood you need to store and deal with. You don't know what last person did at campsite or dump station, I always assume those areas are unsanitary. It bugs me a little bit that many sites have the water, sewer and electric all so close that a little waste water spill can contaminate all three.

IMO, nothing porous like wood should be used, like a wood cutting board and raw meat, hard to sanitize after use.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Welcome @TabbyJen! I actually don’t use the supplied elbow end to my dump hose. I just stuff the end of the hose down the sewer hole, as a good friend who taught me to dump my tanks suggested. So far I haven’t camped where the elbow is required but I carry one just in case. You did really nice work on your mod, however I have to agree with the sanitation issues presented using wood. Thanks for sharing your mod, and I look forward to seeing many more! Tabs are fun that way! :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    You could put a couple of coats of paint on it. I have met people who are so concerned they spray the drain area with a water and bleach mix including the water faucet. In over 40 years of RVing I have never felt it was that big of a deal. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun