Options

Attention all Spokane and Pacific NW T@D@ T@B and T@G enthusiasts monthly breakfast

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Bump again
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Today's nudge. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    A little bump 'l do 'ya! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    We will be there!  Wouldn't miss the great people and fun conversations!!! Save room for the two of us :)
    Homebody ~ be sure to bring pictures!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs, even better I took 2 short videos! See you there!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs, Was wondering if you were in Vegas or not, being the Zags fans you are. Ok, today's bump..... go Zags!  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Last call! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone who attended! Great breakfast meeting as usual. The idea was put out for a monthly camping weekend for the camping season for meetings. Personally I think it's a great idea as it would be a LOT more hands-on for everyone, not only for learning about your T@B, but for questions, and problem solving as well. ( Not to mention being able to see some pretty cool modifications up close, and be able to talk to those that did them and get feed-back also.) I've talked to Dale Helman briefly about doing this as well, and it was actually his idea (thanks Dale!) to do these camp-outs. Please think about some places to have these to share at the next meeting. Liz and I are soooooooooo looking forward to a relief from winter & cabin fever as I'm sure are the rest of you! Taking the WolfT@B in for it's  year under warranty check-up next week. I can finally get it out from the side of the garage without having to climb over snowbanks! Next meeting is: April 8th, same time, same place. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
    Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Eric, that's a great idea! Hoping we can keep the second weekend each month for it, too. Most of my booked sites this year are the third weekends, so the second works for me. Also, including Thursday is a good option for us as Dan works Sunday-Thursday. Thanks!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Thanks for the write up Eric. Since there is a limited number of weekends each summer. We should not waste any setting a coffee shop. If you have a favorite spot that will accommodate our group pick a second Saturday and let's do it. Sandi and I are looking forward to next months breakfast. We are heading home at the end of the month.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dale, it will be good to see you and Sandi again! We are still having way too much fun at these however. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    dalehelman, I posted this up so we could have an array of ideas, places to go. I'm thinking a place maybe no longer than 2 to 2/12 hour destination so folks won't have to be rushed to either get to the location, or not have to hurry to break camp to head home. Ft. Spokane would be an idea, but bear in mind, the upper half is open year round, and is first come, first serve and fills up quick on weekends. The lower half is mostly by reservation only and I'll have to check on when they open it up as it doesn't stay open year round.  They have accommodations for water, and bathrooms, there is a dump site on location as well. No electrical hook-ups though, so you'll be boondocking. Bring your levelers as they slope the parking pads for drainage. Suggestions both wanted, and encouraged! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Eric three or four of the campgrounds on Lake Roosevelt have group sites that can be reserved. We have used the group site at Edmonds up near  Kettle Falls. Kettle Falls also has reservable group sites. Farragut State park also has reservable group sites. Just a few suggestions.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dale, thanks, and we'll have to have a vote next meeting so we can get this thing rolling! Can't wait. Taking the WolfT@B in today for the one year warranty check to make sure if there is an issue, it will be taken care of under the one year purchase warranty. Never hurts to be safe, rather than sorry later!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I have no idea if any of these places have RV group sites. I tent camped in Kettle Falls at a group site a few years back. It was awful! The beach was closed due to a sewage leak so we never went to check it out. There were huge swarms of mosquitoes eating everyone including the dogs alive. If we weren't hiding in our tent we were hiding in the pop up screen tent one gal had brought playing hand and foot. I think we bought the store out of mosquito stuff, too. I've tent camped at Hunters and Fort Spokane with this same group. The group sites are set up for tents and anything else parks on the outer edge/parking area. Not many spaces for that at Hunters(group site A) if I remember correctly. When we were at Fort Spokane last August another group was in the adjoining site. One or two tents, the rest RV's or truck campers but there were only 4 of them I think and they filled the parking in that area.

A friend who has a trailer told me one of their favorite sites is Hayburn State Park on Lake CDA just outside of Plummer. I haven't seen it but she says it is only about an hour from here. 

• Options
    Homebodyatheart, I agree with the group site at Ft. Spokane. If you have a trailer, you're in the parking lot at the far end by the bridge with limited space. For camping at Ft. Spokane, the best bet is the lower camping area on the outside of the circle by the river, or the inner circle by the river. There are quite a few spots on the outer circle with spots on the inside as well. These are reserved only spots, but there must be at least 10-12 spots in that area. Feedback on this and other sites will be more than helpful in deciding what & where is the best to accommodate all those who wish to participate. Keep the ideas and feedback coming folks! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Homebodyatheart, Becky, I noticed in a different post you mentioned that we were going to start this in April. We should meet at breakfast as usual the second Saturday in April to arrange the first outing so it would be a little more organized. Just my opinion.  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Eric, I defer to your better memory! You are correct about the second Saturday in April at Perkins for breakfast. Now, the third Saturday is when 2Cougs suggested we all meet up at Bowl and Pitcher, which will be our/my maiden voyage before my scheduled trip the last weekend all girls camping trip. It sounded like a great idea as we can all help each other out, and check out all the rigs. Thank you!
  • Options
    JerryandVickiJerryandVicki Member Posts: 17
    We really enjoyed chatting with everyone at the breakfast.  Thank you, all.  Eric, we found the dimmer for the radio clock.  Thank you!!
    Jerry, Vicki and Lol@
    2017 CS-S Open Tab 
    TV 2015 Subaru Outback 6 cyl., The Starship
    Liberty Lake, WA
  • Options
    Dalene54Dalene54 Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys sorry I missed the March meeting. I wanted to let you know I've already planned most of my camping trips and things are going to be booking up fast. I did one for August 8 through 13 at Plymouth Park on the Columbia west of tri cities. I've never been, but it looks nice and has good reviews. I have site 13. I used my over 62 card and got half price. Maybe we could use this as our August 2nd Saturday SpoT@b meeting.
    2010 red T@da with grey trim...aka The Bean, old Bean or Mr. Bean (cuz he looks like a cinnamon jelly bean).
    TV is unnamed 2015 white Toyota 4Runner
    Cheney WA
  • Options
    Dalene54, Thanks for the info, please try to attend the next meeting as your input is important to the group!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Dale, have you already booked #13 for the 4th-6th?

• Options
    Dale, have you already booked #13 for the 4th-6th?

What month?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dalehelman, I think Becky was talking to Dalene54 , not sure, but............ ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sorry Dalehelman, I should have typed Dalene54. My apologies!
  • Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    We have tent camped at Heyburn years ago and really liked it.  Tucked in between trees... not just a slab in the midst of grass.  I think using the April breakfast to plan things is a great idea.  And folks... the snow is retreating and the sun is out!!!! B)

• Options
    Oh Happy Day. Go Zags! Sun & Zags first win, 'ya can't beat it! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I agree!  Life is good in Spokane!  GO ZAGS!!!