Options

Rearview Camera

As a solo traveler, I was looking for a rearview camera to assist in backing into sites. I bought this http://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/backup-camera-systems/wireless-backup-camera-systems/wireless-hitch-camera-backup-system-rvs-83112-wifi.html.

This camera attaches to my Yakima rack via magnet (also comes with velcro). It has a rechargeable battery, and I connect to the camera with a smartphone app over WiFi. No wires & no drilling!

Here's a pic of the camera & a screenshot of the app.

2016 Outback MAX S, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4

Comments

• Options
    LeChapLeChap Member Posts: 5
    I like this, thanks.  Have been looking at different options.
    TV-07 FJ w/lift kit & '15 T@B Outback Max S
    Irvin - North, Alabama  

"...It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to..."  J.R.R. Tolkien

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited March 2017
    I have the same camera. I have yet to be able to place it strategically to see where the backend corner of my camper is compared to where my fence post is planted. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @jasin is that a Pens spare tire cover, I spy?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jasinjasin Member Posts: 8
    @jkjenn It sure is! Ready for another run to the Cup!
    2016 Outback MAX S, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Old topic...  new question...  We don’t really have problems backing up, but I’m a tech a holic and saw these offered at a cheap price, right around 60 bucks.  Initially saw these at Sams for $100, so I did a search...

https://www.ebay.com/p/nonda-Zus-Wireless-Smart-Backup-Camera/5012675056

comments?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jasin said:
    @jkjenn It sure is! Ready for another run to the Cup!
    A year later and true, agsin!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    T@Bs are such small critters. The wireless usually isn't interfered with by the aluminum from the vehicle and camper. I can tell you that a 21' all-aluminum camper has a hard time with these and the wireless is not powerful enough to maintain the signal to the monitor when the tail end of the camper turns.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    So, you are saying that with a T@B, there is no real communication problem from the phone in the truck to the camera on the back of the camper.  I looked at this model and while it doesn't rank highly because of the battery life of the unit, (about 3 weeks I saw), it fits right in as an inexpensive item to play with.  I wouldn't have a problem of charging it before going off on a trip...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI