What Other RV / Camping / Travel Forums or Blogs do You Read?

I'm a big fan of forums.  I have been for years. I've been very active in a number of forums through the years, that are related to my interests and hobbies. 

Right now, traveling and camping with the T@b is almost always on my mind.  I am happy this forum is quite active, and has brought together many happy T@b owners. 

Sometimes, I want to read more content, and see more pictures related to camping.  That brings me to my title question.  "What Other RV / Camping / Travel Forums or Blogs do You Read?"

Personally, the only other related forum I read is Expedition Portal, which is "a community of adventure travelers, where the primary means of exploration is by 4wd and motorcycle."  I used to take my truck on 4WD adventures back in my younger / single days, but I have drifted away from that scene.  That said, there is still plenty of interesting discussion regarding travel, and topics that overlap with RVs and car camping.

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2017
    When I was trying to find my "inner camper" and what exactly I wanted out of my adventures, I tried many forums and watched a LOT of YouTube videos. There's a lot of good ones out there. I liked the LoHo Vids as well as some of the "Top 10 (to 100) mistakes RVers make". 

I still lurk on the TearJerkers site and camp with good friends there. I have to say that my inner adventurer feels very much at home here and on the Retro Trailers FB site (have another name there... long story.. can tell you in pm). Ya ever go to a forum and find friends you haven't met yet? I have a lot of these here (well, I met one!! :) ). That's the type of forum I like.

I do have to limit my computer time, so I really don't go looking for trouble elsewhere hehe. I could join a lot of tiny trailer groups and people with toy haulers and motorcycle cruisers, but right now, I'm trying to get a feel of places I want to go. 

In the summer of 1986, I was a naive college student. I took over 600 slides and visited 38 or so states with 30 other people (ground dwelled for 51 days and 31,000 miles). An adventure to be sure. With somewhat more maturity, I'd like to go to the places I was attracted to the most and stay awhile. I still have the Rand McNally folded map of all the yellow highlighted places we went 29 yrs ago. The route may change, but I'm glad I have the map. While I'm here and on the other forum, I am making a book of "places I gotta go see!". 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    T@B forum, T@G forum (new this week!), a woodworking forum, Tearjerkers, and the same on FB plus friends and family. (@Ratkity I gave up on the Retro group--it has changed and isn't as informative and fun.). I do not have time for blogs, there's enough here to keep me busy and there's plenty of entertainment here....they know who they are ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    :rofl: Oh, REALLY! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• StevieStevie Member Posts: 36
    I love to listen to podcasts and audiobooks while I drive. A couple camping related ones I like: Campground of the Week and Girl Camper. They each have blogs that go along with each episode to share show notes, photos, and links. (Intro coming soon, 400 pickup day is tomorrow...errr today. Can't sleep, so excited!)
  • TrailpixieTrailpixie Member Posts: 159
    another vote for expedition portal. 
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    In case anybody is looking for another way to follow my ramblings, here is the link to my blog. 

https://rkjakob.wordpress.com/
  • OpenSkyOpenSky Member Posts: 30
    I like Expo Portal also, but I'd suggest the most appropriate match for the T@B forum is "Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers" forum:

If you find Expo Portal to your liking, also checkout Tventuring:

• JonWJonW Member Posts: 37
    tnttt.com - before buying a T@B I built my own teardrop trailer from info I gleaned there.  Lots of other camping info and ideas there as well.
    JonW - 2018 T@B 320U
    Marlborough, Mass
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    NuCamp has a Facebook presence.  Many here know that.  
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/nucamprv/videos/?ref=page_internal
    What I found interesting was the video with Elsie.  My wife showed me this.  Nice to put a face to the name.  Had no idea she was so young.  We had the image of an elderly matron...grin.  Nice lady...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I’ll put in a plug for Jenn Grover’s blog - beautiful photography plus helpful T@B info. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited June 2018
    Photomom said:
    I’ll put in a plug for Jenn Grover’s blog - beautiful photography plus helpful T@B info. 
    I'm sure that it's around here somewhere, but could you share the link?
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Way. Too. Many. (But there's so many more I want to read!) :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    @rkj__Here is the link to Jenn's "about" page with the various section links. Her solar power section was invaluable to me when I bought my Tab.  Lightbulbs going off every paragraph...

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Thanks for the shoutout, gang!

I have benefited from:
    Loloho (Long, long, Honeymoon)
    Technomadia
    Gone with the Wynns
    RV Sue and her Canine Crew
    Expedition Portal
    Tventuring
    Various Jeep forum
    Richard Lewis' Youtube videos (@RallyIsettahttps://www.youtube.com/user/RallyIsetta)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Let me just add that many of us owe a debt of gratitude to Richard Lewis for being a true trailblazer in the US T@b world and passing on his knowledge and moods. He has patiently answered questions, spent years moderating a FB group, and although no longer an owner or camping, still hangs around to help people in his well-known gracious manner. He has an eBook about the T@b that is a must have for anyone who buys a DM T@b and really filled a gap for all T@b owners for a few years before nuCamp published such a comprehensive manual.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I started with the original T@B group on Yahoo, I read the T@B groups on Facebook, I've joined and camped with Tearjerkers.net, and I belong to a couple of Disney camping groups. I read rv.net for awhile, but have totally dropped out there.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    On YouTube there is a channel for the Wandering Wagners. This couple camps in their Airstream but some of the episodes are very relevant to T@Bs. Recently the dude troubleshot and repaired a problem with his Seelevel tank monitor, same one we have. He’s a professional CDL trainer and has a very helpful video about learning to back up a travel trailer. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @jkjenn thank you for that list, I will search for them.

Two that helped me tremendously was "The Girl Camper" blog/podcast. I spent hours listening to all of her podcasts. Her real name is Janine Pettit and she is in the Lady Teardroppers FB group too. She is safety conscious, makes girl camping sound fun, and tests all the products she recommends (and so far everything I've purchased I've been happy with).

From her, I learned about RV Education 101 and Mark Polk. He has a FB group and Youtube channel and website. His videos are very good, down to business. He is retired from the Army where he was responsible for vehicle maintenance. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5