Options

Must have addons for towing and boondocking!

I made a little tour of the T@B we've been full-timing in, and typed up a list with links to all of the items that make towing and boondocking a lot easier - things I didn't realize I needed until after I got the camper! haha.

https://mandyleaphoto.com/2017/12/12/meet-rocky/
2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Love & Light!

Comments

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    Hello @MandyLea

like always, nicely done. The vid and the space and deco!

couple of pratical questions.  I lve all thos hooks boards, but I am curious, did you simply screew them through the wall paneling, of were you able to find structural pieces behind the paneling?

and Iast, I would be worried about using bungee cords for something as heavy of 5 gallons water comtainers. Ratchet straps or anyother type of nylon straps with metal buckle would be much safer.  Those water containers are about 50 pounds each and a bungee cord is not the stong.  Very good to hold a tarp and light stuff, but principal tie-down system for heavy stuff, not that good.

can't wait to see what you came up with about the shower/toilet arrangement. :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    Hi @Luckyj

Great questions! First on the hooks - I use both screws and the 30 lb. weighted double stick tape. Also, you'll notice that the only hooks screwed into the thin wall is the one by the door on which I only hang keys, so not too heavy. All the other hooks are screwed into the thicker, strong, cabinet wood.

I totally hear you on the bungee cords, and a ratchet strap is probably a little safer. However, we have them wedged between the tongue and bike rack, and use like a million bungee cords. We've gone 17,000 miles and they haven't budged.
    Love & Light!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    MandyLea, how did you secure the fabric to the cabinets?  I think your cabin decor is a perfect combination and really looks cozy with the TaB birch wood.  Well done.
    Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    @MandyLea thank you for your reply on the hooks.

as for the bungy, happy to know that they work good dor you on those 17000 miles.  Just remember that they are not ment for heavy loads.

again, thank you for your reply! :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    ReptardReptard Member Posts: 4
    Mandy, your setup is amazing. Crazy to see you on here! I saw your story and blog a long time ago and it was huge part of the reason I started down the teardrop camper path. Thanks for what you do and sharing it with everyone else. You're making a difference for many people you've never even met :) 
  • Options
    KasieKasie Member Posts: 2
    Mandy, I'm glad to see you've made your t@b a home, I love the decor... I prefer function over style, you've done a good job incorporating both! 
  • Options
    MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    You're welcome @Reptard ! I'm so happy you found some inspiration in my story! Happy to have you along on the journey!
    Love & Light!