Options

New (to us) T@b 320 S-Max Outback owner...so many questions!

We just bought our first ever camping trailer. It’s a 2015 model, but looks brand new, very well cared for! I have tons of questions regarding how to make the interior functional for us. I realize this is very personal, but I’d love to know what others have done inside. I’m mainly focused on things like hanging towels, storing dishes/silverware, making the bed more (a lot more!) comfortable, etc. Any and all advice is appreciated! And please let me know where I should post questions like these in the future. Tia!

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome @sammydoggy! Of your questions, the easiest to address is the bed. If you search on "topper", you'll find lots of discussions! We don't use extra anything because we find the cushions comfortable, but there are many solutions! And how you sleep, side to side or front to back orientations, twin or full configuration, will impact your choice. We're on the short side, so are able to sleep either direction and sometimes use the full bed, sometimes the twin configuration. Have fun figuring out what works best for you, it's all a journey!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And if you search on "command strips" there are several discussions about how useful those are. We use small, stackable squarish plastic dishes to reduce paper waste, plus they're blue, my favorite color and a heavy metal toothbrush/toothpaste holder for our silverware. We store the dishes and silverware above the passenger window space with the cargo netting and have never had them bounce out. We each have a cabinet above the back for our small clothing items, and use soft sided boxes for large clothing pieces, although my dear husband (DH) insists on his suitcase carried in the tow vehicle (TV). I like being able to throw the cube around when we're packing up to leave a site, him, not so much.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @sammydoggy congratulations and welcome! Making your new to you Tab fit your needs and dreams is half the fun. I found Amazon Prime to be a worthwhile investment. As for a topper I don’t like the storage bulk of the foam available out there, but love our Thermarest self inflating pads. They come in different thicknesses. The trick to self inflating is to unscrew the valve, unroll them and ignore them for a good half hour. You can always blow a bit more air in to firm it up before closing the valve. Have fun with it all!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @sammydoggy, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer. Using the search function in the upper right portion of the screen, try typing storage and kitchen storage. Many things to read. Also in the category of modifications, much stuff to see and explore. For us, the shower door pocket storage hanging was the most useful as there are 4 of us DH, me and 2 boys, 11 & 12. The pockets provided storage for personal and necessary items and the unit hanging on the outside of the bathroom door provides privacy. Enjoy! Outfitting your trailer is an adventure in itself. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.