Subaru Ascent

trainwreckedtrainwrecked Member Posts: 31
wait for it...  :)

https://youtu.be/hgjdTrMh0W4
2016 T@b M@x S Sofitel >- 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I can't wait to test drive one! The Tab in the ad is owned by a guy on one of the FB groups I'm on. He wasn't told till after the shoot what product it was helping to sell, and was excited it was Subaru.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    T@b! 

I think maybe the ball mount on that minivan needs a little more drop though. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I've already suggested to my wife that when the time comes to get another TV, it would be a great vehicle to have................would be Subaru #5 for us.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • CarlimmenCarlimmen Member Posts: 10
    My Subaru Ascent Premium was ordered with the trailer hitch. It came with 7 and 4 pin wiring, a harness for a brake controller and a 4" drop hitch which has a 20" height to the top of my 2" ball. I am using a 8" drop to tow my 2019 320S.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    We have the Limited and haven’t  towed yet as Ladybug is tucked away for winter here. I have measured many times with different drops. Our other TV is a Toyota Highlander which uses a 2” drop hitch. I measured ground to ball height on the Highlander then ground up to the same spot and I need a 10” drop hitch. I bought one off a friend, added the 2” ball and am within less than an inch taller. When I add gear to the Ascent I think I’ll be fine. The drop hitch that came with it is crazy heavy, and we can’t use it.  By any chance have you had problems with the two small clips that attach to the Ascent frame that the twist locks on the bumper panel set into? 

I do happen to have an extra adjustable 2”-8.75” drop hitch if anyone is interested! 

@T@Balong this is number 4 for us and we are happy with what we’ve got now. Both work well in snow country, too! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • CarlimmenCarlimmen Member Posts: 10
    T@B dealer recommended a stainless steel chain link attached to the eyelets on the hitch. For now I have galvanized shackles to safely attach chains.