Options

Stabilizer stuck mid retraction

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
Our Tab has been in the driveway for the last month.  We attempred to retract the passenger side stabilizer and the lip of the arm caught on the vertical support of the step.  We can not see any obvious bends that may account for a shift in the arm.  We were able to loosen the 3 bolts that mount the stabilizer and with a little pressure, shifted it centrally as the bolts were retightened.  Has this happened to anyone?
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @SAM, a definite no to ever having that happen. DH just got a quizzical look on his face and shook his head. I don't recall reading anything like that occurring before either. Good luck and acquired skill wishes so that never happens again. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,422
    Not quite understanding what you were describing, I took a look at mine last night and now I get it. The clearance between the arm and the step is pretty  slim--it's not unreasonable to think that a little nudge (of human or natural origin) could shift things just enough to cause a catch.

Sounds like you figured out a solution in short order. So long as the stabilizer isn't badly damaged, I wouldn't give it a second thought!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Yes, Scott, there is no margin for slipitude there.  Anyway, it works now.  Thanks
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    I bent one of ours backing up :-( , but was pleased to discover it’s a standard BAL stabilizer and got a replacement (set of 2) from Amazon in 2 days.  I’ve also seen them at our local RV dealer.  Easy to replace. 

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...