Options

Adding glycol to Alde

Ok, I'm really inexperienced with any sort of maintenance, but I found my Alde reservior and it needs about an inch of glycol.  Thanks to this forum and to Amazon, the glycol will arrive tomorrow.  Do I just open up the top and add some?  Sorry to be such a noob.

Comments

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Thanks, Verna!  I read through about a dozen threads looking for this answer.  Any bleeding needs to take place?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You should not need to bleed. That should only be needed if you are changing out the Glycol for fresh glycol. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
  • Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    anybody know how much glycol needed-the level is pretty low-going to try to figure out how to get to the reservoir and fill tomorrow morning while not so hot-it is hot as you know what here in the afternoon-also my first time-I see it in the corner of the closet but don't know how to actually get to it-I,m assuming screws and unscrewing will be involved
  • Options
    lpantherslpanthers Member Posts: 32
    Just picked up my new 2020 Tab 400 BDL 2 days ago.  I have noticed that the glycol is just a bit low.  Does the greenish glycol that is ordered from Amazon mix well with the already existing more blue colored glycol that is already in the system?

Thanks,

Lee

Pisgah Forest, NC
    2020 Tab 400 BDL
    2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crewcab
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    On the 400 with the small fridge, the gray plastic cover should come off no tools, just left up and out. The fill cap is on top the reservoir, unscrew and add fluid. I would add to MIN mark when cold. There is a good bit of expansion when hot, you run the risk of burping glycol out if you add too much.

AFAIK, the factory fluid is identical to the Amazon fluid.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    If it's just a little low, I'd wait and monitor when the system is heating.  It won't hurt anything, and if you add fluid now it may just be burped out.

If it is on the low side while hot then I'd add a little.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra