Options

New Member... New 2018 T@B 320 S Boondock... First Post...

RWSmithRWSmith Member Posts: 12
edited August 2018 in Introductions
Greetings,

New member; first post... only been here about 10 days, or so. (And, yes... I've been using the "Search" function, a lot.) Even so; it's a WHOLE lot to take in... ;-)

Here's a photo of my brand new 2018 T@B 320 S Boondock when I picked it up from my dealer (Bumgarner Camping Center, Lenoir, NC), late yesterday afternoon:

My TV is a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (w/ Factory Towing package).

--RWSmith

P.S. Special thanks to Mandy Lea @MandyLea; -- it was her vlog that started me down this road. Thanks also to Patrick & Patty @Travels_with_delaney; all the staff at Bumgarner Camping Center; and last, but not least... John Sanate from nuCamp.
2018 nuCamp T@B 320 S (Boondock), a.k.a. "Red R@bbit" • 2016 Jeep Cherokee "Trail Hawk" (w/ Towing pkg) • Mount Holly, NC

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome to the forum! Niiice looking T@B.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @RWSmith, Nice lookin' Boondock you have there. Welcome & keep us posted of your adventures! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Welcome!  It looks like you are ready for adventure!

Enjoy your time here, and traveling with your T@b. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! Safe travels and many miles of happy camping!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @RWSmith, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Adventures await! We'll wave when we pass you on the road sometime. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats and happy trails!
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    @RWSmith, very nice camper....  Weekend is coming...  where are you going?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6 said:
    @RWSmith, very nice camper....  Weekend is coming...  where are you going?
    Thank you all, so very much, for the warm welcome.

@TerryV6, the first "shake down" will be this weekend... in my driveway... reading the manuals; and testing equipment. (My brother is coming up from his home (Greer, SC) this weekend to help me.) After that, we (and/or I) will start off w/ some short runs w/i a few hours drive... to the mountains. I'm thinking Davidson River (NC) and Wilson Creek (NC), probably just after school starts. And, after that, as far as I can go! ;-)

2018 nuCamp T@B 320 S (Boondock), a.k.a. "Red R@bbit" • 2016 Jeep Cherokee "Trail Hawk" (w/ Towing pkg) • Mount Holly, NC
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    The Perseids Meteor shower is this weekend.  Maybe find a camp site a good distance from any city. 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    Great idea.  Most of us started this way.  And, of course the site fees are reasonable....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    It's perfect!! <3<3<3
    2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Love & Light!
  • Options
    Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    Nice setup—I love the idea of waving to you somewhere, sometime, as we pass by in our T@Bs! 
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • Options
    Tom_EagleTom_Eagle Member Posts: 10
    Welcome!! Really like the darker color you chose.  :D:):)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @RWSmith congratulations and you’ve got a very nice rig! I’ve got a 2017 320S and as it was my first trailer everything was overwhelming! A year later I looked back on some of the systems that I didn’t understand early on that are second nature now. Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @RWSmith congratulations and you’ve got a very nice rig! I’ve got a 2017 320S and as it was my first trailer everything was overwhelming! A year later I looked back on some of the systems that I didn’t understand early on that are second nature now. Have fun with it!
    Yes; very much "overwhelming," it seems.

My brother and I just spent most of this past weekend trying to get this organized and sorted, packed, unpacked, repacked... practiced setting up and tearing down. Blah, blah. But, IT's SO VERY DIFFERENT from the camping I used to do. I have ~literally~ hundreds of nights with a backpack (Scouts) or duffel bag (military). But this? .... Oh well, like they say, " ....one bite at a time."
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Tom_Eagle said:
    Welcome!! Really like the darker color you chose.  :D:):)
    Thanks, @Tom_Eagle. Honestly, the "red" was just a bonus. Red isn't even on my "short list" of favorite colors. But hey... it was red; and, seeing it in person, I liked it better than the more traditional silver or white. (This was originally somebody else's custom order whose deal fell through. So, the dealer had this one on the showroom floor, along w/ another one just like it, except in white, out on the lot. He was willing to negotiate a bit more on the red one... it just sorta grew on me.)

And, let me tell you... it sure is an attention grabber! I didn't even get the thing home before I was letting a total stranger get up in there and take look inside... I had stopped at the grocery store for just a couple of items; and, sure enough... when I came out... there was some guy just'a fawning all over it. "I have GOT to get me one of these!," he said. I promptly handed him my salesman's business card and, of course, showed him around the rig.

• Options
    @RWSmith, 'Ya gotta watch out for those Zombies, they sneak up on 'ya in the strangest places....Oh, and just so 'ya know, they don't mention that in the brochure! :rofl:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @ericnliz, Yeah... Vampires, too! As soon as I got home, I called up my Salesman and asked him to mail me at least a dozen of his cards. Just sitting in my driveway, it's attracted at least five Zombies (like a Vampire)... at least five w/i the first week!... a couple of close neighbors, a couple of walkers, and one county inspector.

The thing just oozes a charismatic quality.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @RWSmith, use the search function in the upper right hand corner of the forum, and look up a thread titled "lurkers and zombies". Great reading and more than a few laughs. We all have stories. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @RWSmith, Gotta watch those county inspectors, you'll have a property tax bill in yer mailbox for yer T@B afore 'ya know it! :fearful:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
    Cograts on a great looking rig. We live in the Charlotte, NC area and spend a lot of time in Pisgah and DuPont with our mountain bikes and backpacks. We will probably cross paths someday. Silver 2015 320 max; White Santa Fe TV. 
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    Or......  The Red R@bbit....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    edited August 2018
    norwood said:
    Cograts on a great looking rig. We live in the Charlotte, NC area and spend a lot of time in Pisgah and DuPont with our mountain bikes and backpacks. We will probably cross paths someday. Silver 2015 320 max; White Santa Fe TV. 

PM me if you ever want to meet-up IRL... i.e., get dinner. (BTW, Texas Roadhouse is my favorite place to eat, but I'm game for anything.)
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:
    Or......  The Red R@bbit....
    Oops! My b@d!... the Red R@bbit!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    😁
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MandyLeaMandyLea Member Posts: 52
    Welcome @RWSmith !! Sorry I'm just now commenting here... but I've seen your pic and love your rig!!! Are you loving it?

2018 Black T@B Outback | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Love & Light!
  • Options
    MandyLea said:
    Welcome @RWSmith !! Sorry I'm just now commenting here... but I've seen your pic and love your rig!!! Are you loving it?

I'm so used to tent/tarp/hammock backpacking/camping... it's honestly taking some getting used to. (But, I think that's actually helping me to trim the fat when prepping/packing/re-packing... if you know what I mean.)

I can say, so far, it's a heck of a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the ground, or a cot even.

So, the short answer... yeah, I'm lovin' it! I'm going to Black Mtn. (near Mt. Mitchell) next w/e, and then back to Davidson River a few days thereafter.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    TBullardTBullard Member Posts: 20
    As a UGA fan, I love the color scheme.
    Range Rover Sport HSE TV - Charlotte, NC