edited August 2018 in Help - Computer & System
PDF file for message figures

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited August 2018
    I've noticed this as well, and I also find it equally annoying. Since I see it in lots of postings, I believe it is a function of the Vanilla system and not someone's particular device or settings.
    I've been training myself to stop double spacing in the drafts of my comments. A single carriage return in the draft will result in a proper double space in the published comments (though not, oddly enough, in the preview that you can view before posting).
    2015 T@B S
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    ScottG said:
    I've noticed this as well, and I also find it equally annoying.
    . . . training myself to stop double spacing in the drafts of my comments. A single carriage return in the draft will result in a proper double space in the published comments (though not, oddly enough, in the preview that you can view before posting).
    ScottG, your solution/approach sounds helpful.  I agree Vanilla coding is the source of the problem. Assuming NuCamp is not using the free version a complaint or change request could be possible.  And since we see 'changes' overtime with how the forum acts . . . assume we're not on a free version.
    FYI
    = - =  Text of Message Sent for Super Users = - =
    Mike Said:
    See attached PDF  FIGURE One
    I can not get message editor to accept/keep more than one picture

This spacing change is fairly recent. I don't recall when it started but don't recall it happening some months ago. Spacing issue is on email & posts. Below is email example.

See PDF  FIGURE Two

Using the </> {HTML code view} a simple line text line: “ Mike, “

creates this:

See PDF  FIGURE Three

I suspect Vanilla has changed something as the <div> </div> surrounding every user Enter/CR entry is generated . . . and I think this extra code is new or the setting within it have changed.

My research has found:

A Div tag can be used for formatting a block of text, images, other divs or any other element of a website, even if these elements are included within some other tag. Anything inside a particular div will follow its CSS properties unless you don't specifically change it. The content of the tag<div> always begins with a new line as it is a block based tag.

There are Threenew line” and line folding in that simple “ Mike, “ entry

<div> seems to act like a Paragraph Formatting command and Vanilla must have control over the CSS

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I will send a request in to Vanilla support this morning and have them look into it.  You've given me enough info that will help out and they should be able to resolve the issue. 
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Of course, now when/if Vanilla fixes the code I'll have to go back and reinsert all my spaces. Arghh!
    2015 T@B S