Options

Dear nüCamp

JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
Think we have a problem.

It has been suggested by someone very close to me that I have become obsessed by all things T@B. It seems that each day begins with, every conversation has reference to, and all thoughts both conscious and subconscious are centered around that cute two-wheeled abode sitting peacefully in the garage.

Last night we agreed to have a T@B-free day. That promise was broken within the first three minutes of today.

I can't visit any store without looking for the T@B accessories aisle.

I am constantly seeking a higher level of modification.

I spend hours reading forum posts and scanning Amazon for the T@B truth.

I have dreams of working 16 hour days at your factory, without pay.

I realize now that I have been in denial for over a year. I need help.

Please, if you have any cure for this, let me know.

Sincerely, D@ve  =)
2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    Your note is alarming descriptive of a syndrome shared by my wife and I which began a week before the purchase of our 400 (July 2018). An additional issue we are experiencing is depression and withdrawal as we are getting prepared to winterize.  My neglected boat will feel better as our attention will turn to it for solace until it also gets winterized.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Dear nuCamp,
    Oh, boy, I don't even know where to start with this one! :o Somewhere between addiction & obsession I would first ponder....no telling where it will go from here! :| Hopefully a place where the fish are biting & the camping is awesome....WAIT...I KNOW a place like that....to be continued.... =) See ya! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Dear NuCamp,

Send everyone Eric's way... I heard he had this awesome grill and doesn't mind using it with snow on the ground!

Regards,
    Ratkity
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    :rofl:, Rain, sleet, snow, hail, wind.... As long as there's good friends, I'll fire that sucker up! ( Maybe after reading that, I shoulda' been a postal delivery guy!) =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    HAHA this is so funny!  I thought I was the only one with a problem.  My wife and I find ourselves camping in ours in our backyard more often than being in our own house!  For those times you can't get away but you really need to it totally works.  Its the way I deal with my withdrawals when were not able to go somewhere and camp.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    edited September 2018
    @dhauf once winter sets in and no camping happens I still spend time in L@dybug! I go to her shed, crank up the Alde, come back an hour later and watch a movie or just hide from the day to day stuff. My family knows where to find me!  ;)

Oh, and I have been lucky enough to savor
    the work of the pit barrel master himself ( @ericnliz), along with other friends. I can vouch for the amazing YUM factor! And yes, when passing through Eastern Washington on I-90 check in with the SpoTab breakfast group! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    @dhauf once winter sets in and no camping happens I still spend time in L@dybug! I go to her shed, crank up the Alde, come back an hour later and watch a movie or just hide from the day to day stuff. My family knows where to find me!  ;)

Oh, and I have been lucky enough to savor
    the work of the pit barrel master himself ( @ericnliz), along with other friends. I can vouch for the amazing YUM factor! And yes, when passing through Eastern Washington on I-90 check in with the SpoTab breakfast group! 
    I will be right there with you!  Planning on doing the same, it’s just a relaxing little hideout to disappear in.  I find that after a stressful day spending some time inside watching a movie or reading something just helps to let that’s stress melt away.  We used to go to a cabin up in Vermont every year but unfortunately it fell under new ownership and the new owner would just allow anything and anyone to be there.  The problem with that is there would always be someone ruining it for us, being loud and creating problems while your trying to relax and get away from it all, not to mention the stay there was not cheap.  When we talked to new owner about it in a nice way, she actually got upset at us.  This ruined the experience for us and I will never go back again, I’ve been going there since I was a kid.  That’s when my wife and I decided to get this camper, we can explore some wonderful spots while having a small place of our own to relax in.  We are really loving it so far, and finding some really nice camping areas that are really inexpensive at the same time.  Plus we get to retreat anytime we want, to our home away from home, even if it’s in our backyard when we can’t get away.  
  • Options
    BrackettkrBrackettkr Member Posts: 9
    The t@b virus sounds like it’s spreading from coast to coast... does anyone just go out and give their t@b a hug???? I don’t think there’s a cure... waiting patiently for our next trip in 2 weeks to the SoCal rally😍
    Trey and Karen - 2018 t@b 320 s outback  / 2012 jeep rubicon - San Diego California
  • Options
    @Brackettkr, News flash...IF you've hugged your T@B, you've already GOT the "virus"! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited October 2018
    This disease is long term. Almost 12 years and counting. No cure yet. It gets worse as time goes on. You'd think I have the T@B "perfect" by now, but it never ends. I keep reading and seeing all your great ideas, and have some ideas of my own. Also, I've had some accessories for awhile, and they are wearing out, so replacements are in order. Yes, I say hello each and every morning as I leave for work, as it sits right next to my truck in the garage :)

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL