California, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Tennessee, Wisconsin- Dealers Above & Beyond

Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
edited July 2019 in Testimonials
After attending the 2018 Hershey RV show, we were so taken by the T@B400 Boondock Lite that we placed an order and planned an extended tour of the Southeast for the fall/winter.  It arrived exactly on time in Pennsylvania only it had options that we simply didn't want and couldn't live with.   Its not relevant how the error happened, what's remarkable is how the dealer handled the problem.  Miller Trailer loaned us their personal 2017 T@G400 in order that our long planned upcoming trip wouldn't have to be scrapped.  It wasn't haggled over, it wasn't a problem, they simply emptied their personal gear and gave us the keys.  Words can't fully express our feelings of relief at the solution coupled with some disbelief that a dealer would address the problem in an upstanding, old-school way.  

The factory lent a hand to solving the problem by making some magic happen on their end and our trailer was delivered, exactly as we wanted, some 30-days later.   Our new rig will be back on the road shortly after spending some time at home getting a few tweeks/upgrades and otherwise being equipped for winter use.  Interestingly enough, the month with the 2017 and now with the latest 2019 gives us a unique peek into the changes that NuCamp made in the meantime.  Having toured their 25' prototype and spoken with the factory reps who were asking for input, we're not surprised that the 2019 sports some of the suggestions that prior owners have made.  

In all, our opinion remains as it did that day in Hershey when we first toured the NuCamp products.  We own both an Airstream and a NuCamp and comparing the two finds us wondering if Airstream shouldn't buy one of their own to learn some best practices.   True, NuCamp can learn from AS in a few places but mostly it's the other way around.

So if you are in the market for a NuCamp anywhere 3-hours surrounding in the Pennsylvania area, if you give Miller Trailer a visit, it will be time well spent and a purchase honestly transacted.  If only to meet an upstanding family.
F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL

Comments

• linolino Member Posts: 224
    I have bought two trailers from the Millers and Preston does all my maintenance 
    They are awesome 
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    It is great to hear about Dealers that go above and beyond.  Our Dealer, Missouri Teardrops in Centerview , MO. is another dealer that goes above and beyond.  Dana Parsons, the owner Re enforced our feelings about being part of the T@B family and their Care for the owners.  Merry Christmas to All!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Wow--wish they were all like this--you are very lucky. 

I can think of at least one Tab dealership near Denver that could use some serious customer service training. . . . 
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited December 2018
    @lkc001 If you have specific complaints about a dealer, I think it’s helpful to communicate them to nüCamp. The factory needs to know who’s naughty and who’s nice! (My words only, in the spirit of the season) To be fair, to those who have really good interactions with a dealer, giving those dealers a shout out to nüCamp would be a good idea too.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I want to second what @jgram2 said. I was told by a NuCamp rep that NuCamp considers the dealer the local "face" of their company. They want to train those who need more knowledge and give kudos to those who've earned it I believe. They have no idea how their products are represented unless they hear back from owners like us. Congratulations on the great service from Millers!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    From what I read here and the FB groups, the smaller dealers (some of which are NuCamp ONLY) are very good, those that offer many brands not so much. Also seems those generally closer to Sugarcreek offer far superior NuCamp support than those at great distance from the company, again just general observations from following the user experiences here for awhile.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    From what I read here and the FB groups, the smaller dealers (some of which are NuCamp ONLY) are very good, those that offer many brands not so much. Also seems those generally closer to Sugarcreek offer far superior NuCamp support than those at great distance from the company, again just general observations from following the user experiences here for awhile.
    I wouldn't make the generalization about distance from Sugarcreek. I've heard good things about a few West Coast dealers (and not so good things about others). 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Marceline you are probably right, just seems like some of the older more competent dealers seem to be clustered in Ohio or a bordering state (Gerton Auto Sales, Haydocy Airstream & RV and Miller Trailer Sales just to name three that I have never heard any bad press about, all in IN, OH and PA).

Out here in the PNW, I can tell you more about the NuCamp products than about 90% of the dealers combined and I am still in the purchasing process, delivery in Feb-Mar time frame.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    @Marceline you are probably right, just seems like some of the older more competent dealers seem to be clustered in Ohio or a bordering state (Gerton Auto Sales, Haydocy Airstream & RV and Miller Trailer Sales just to name three that I have never heard any bad press about, all in IN, OH and PA).

Out here in the PNW, I can tell you more about the NuCamp products than about 90% of the dealers combined and I am still in the purchasing process, delivery in Feb-Mar time frame.
    A representative from Apache came to the Washington State East Meets West-Lincoln Rock in 2018 and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. I can't remember his name or which Apache location but maybe one of the PNW T@Bbers can give it to you.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    That is awesome to hear!  What great old fashion service!

I am very pleased with my dealer.  If you are in the Southwest, I would recommend10/40 in Wildomar, CA.  Jason is the owner and will take great care you!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• easttntabeasttntab Member Posts: 48

I wanted to post and give recognition to the Dealer I used in my purchase. Chilhowee RV sells new T@BS and Little Guy. I bought a gently used 2016 CSS. I love it. My salesman spent a lot of time with me and was very knowledgeable of the T@B. The service dept. assigned a tech to me to show and demonstrate every single system. The Tech rode with me to ensure the trailer towed and braked as it should. Could not have been happier!  I was treated as if I had spent 100K. The Dealer is located just south of Knoxville, TN.

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @easttntab, nice to hear, especially after reading about the very poor experience @idletab recently had with Windish RV in Longmont, Colorado.  Sounds like you received the gold standard in treatment by an RV dealership.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Hey, @easttntab, that’s such good news! If you’ve the time, Chilhowee might appreciate a shout out from you to Nücamp. You could email Mike Skidmore at mskidmore@nucamprv.com. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I will second a fantastic buying experience with Millers,   they are fantastic folks and it is great to see the business will continue with their son starting to learn the business.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    I had a good experience with my dealership, Beckleys in MD but wow! that's super great service indeed.

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    It's so nice to hear good words about dealers.  They deserve to be recognized.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32

It is sure great to hear of the supportive dealers out there. We bought our 2015 MaxS from Jerry's Camping Center in Madison, Wis. A number of friends have bought their T@bs from there also. Dan (the owner) and his family have been more than helpful dealing with any issue that comes up. They even put on periodic work shops for customers to help with concerns and questions from owners. There are some dealers closer to me I suppose, but I'd rather go to Jerry's anytime.

2015 Max S, tv= 2016 Four Runner

• Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    Ours is currently at Beckley's in MD for some warranty work. They have called and let us know where they are in the fixes and which pieces they needed to order. Anxiously awaiting the come and get her phone call.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    @Jackie_Dave Glad to hear another happy Beckley's customer.. I was quite happy with their service, but knowing that they do this across the board.. is comforting.

Speedy repairs

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• plicatoplicato Member Posts: 12
    I agree.  Jerry's Camping Center in Madison, Wis. is highly recommended.
    2018 T@B 320 S, 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited