Options

Bump on the roof left side

BarteurBarteur Member Posts: 24
edited April 2019 in Factory Comments
Hi everyone coming back from camping yesterday and had to wash the T@B for the first time and noticed that bump on the roof. Is this normal? Thanks 

EDITED FOR PICTURE SIZE

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Looks like a dent to me.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It does not look normal. I would get this looked at, right away. A few questions:

1. Is it still under warranty? If so, reach out to your dealer.

2. Did you do the solar of did the factory?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Seeing that solar panel makes me wonder about the heat produced by the dark panel with no ventilation underneath... Seems like it would create an oven out of the Tab in the sun.

Or at least possibly warp the roof?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    It does not look normal. I would get this looked at, right away. A few questions:

1. Is it still under warranty? If so, reach out to your dealer.

2. Did you do the solar of did the factory?
    I bought it used but the dealer gave me a year warranty so until October 2019.
    I was told the solar was factory it came with it but I bought it used...
    I will have it check. 
    Thanks!

• Options
    ChanW said:
    Seeing that solar panel makes me wonder about the heat produced by the dark panel with no ventilation underneath... Seems like it would create an oven out of the Tab in the sun.

Pretty good point! 
  • Options
    ChanW said:

Pretty good point! 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    To me it looks like someone kneeled on the roof.  May well be an easy fix if the aluminum frame underneath is not involved.
    I have seen dents created by walnuts falling onto the roof.  They resolved all by themselves.  Lesson learned - watch where you park!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    To me it looks like someone kneeled on the roof.  May well be an easy fix if the aluminum frame underneath is not involved.
    I have seen dents created by walnuts falling onto the roof.  They resolved all by themselves.  Lesson learned - watch where you park!
    Looking at the picture twice i see where your comment is coming from but the bump is going up not down the picture doesn’t give it justice...
  • Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    edited April 2019
    What model T@B is this and where on the camper is the bump located.  It looks to be on the port side to the rear.  What structure is under the bump?  Any interior walls?  Some structure below could be pushing up.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    As I look at the photo, my eye follows the black rubber trim. Almost looks like a glancing blow by something fairly large while under tow. 
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    grubbster said:
    What model T@B is this and where on the camper is the bump located.  It looks to be on the port side to the rear.  What structure is under the bump?  Any interior walls?  Some structure below could be pushing up.
    It’s a Tabitha and there’s no structure in that area
  • Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    Barteur said:
    grubbster said:
    Can you see the bump from the inside?
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    grubbster said:
    Barteur said:
    grubbster said:
    Can you see the bump from the inside?
    No