Options

Ohio Weather lately

For those of you living somewhere around Ohio and south and west of Ohio:  How is the situation on the ground there?  From news and weather reports it appears that all of the storms and tornados have been moving right through Ohio.  Other than avoiding the floods throughout the south on the trip up, will we have soggy ground problems at Winklepleck Park?

Comments

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    High winds,  rain every night,  temps are starting to pick up,     we are finally getting some heat into the mid 80s.    

Severe thunderstorms and all that it entails. 
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    edited May 2019
    I live 15-20 minutes from Winklepleck, on the southside of New Philadelphia, in what I call the black hole. Storms seem to either break up before, or go north or south of here. So we haven’t had the rain and storms that others have gotten. Not sure how the Sugarcreek area has faired. UCamp is still 11/2 weeks away, so who knows. Better weather is on the horizon. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I suppose maybe the bigger concern would be the trip from Texas to Ohio.  Every route I have scouted seems to follow the same path of all of these storms during May.  There have been over 500 tornados this past month.  I hope I don't meet one and end up in Oz rather than Sugarcreek!  And somewhere along the way I'll have to cross both the Arkansas River and the Mississippi River.  One at a time I hope.
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    They are currently predicting rain through this weekend,   Heavy at times is what our weather lady said.    Hopefully we have a dry patch so you guys arent in a mud hole during the rally

I am at Summer camp with the troop that week,  maybe next year.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If we are honest, I believe some of the strongest storms seem to move the Sugarcreek area. It has been a wet spring. Allison mentioned in the FB area that they had a ha dual of sites that sat in a low spot, prone to collecting water that they were opening up. 

I plan on bringing a dock for my tongue jack and some type of platform for my leveler so that they don't sink.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    To those who haven't been to Winklepleck before, the campground sits in a small geographic "bowl". It is not excessively low, but repeated rains can keep some areas soggy. The upside is that most of the strongest winds blow over the tops of the trailers because the "bowl" protects from the winds. Those of you across the street in the boondock area are a few feet higher and a bit more exposed. Winklepleck is adjacent to a golf course and a several acre pond. Bug protection is high priority, especially for evening activities. ÜCamp17 was wet, warm and very humid. Bugs believed I was the other white meat. Our outdoor rug was floating or water squished up through it when stepped on that year and it did rain 4 out of the 7 days we were there, but not steadily.

Much love sent to everyone there. We'll be reading every post and enjoying every picture and living vicariously through all of you. Enjoy! -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks, @dragonsdofly!! I have a small thermocell... maybe I need the larger one.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @jkjenn,  at evening gatherings or a bonfire, most of us have tried to space the thermo cells every other or every second chair. Last year, when we had a gathering under a canopy across the street, many of us put thermocells on the ground under the seating tables and it was quite effective. If it is too breezy for the thermocells to be effective, it is too breezy for many mosquitoes to be be successfully active, but there still are some on target.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.