Options

Leak under bed 2017 Outback 320

brucemoosebrucemoose Member Posts: 2
edited September 2020 in Teardrop Groups & Links
I just bought a used 2017 Outback 320 and discovered a leak under my bed on the passenger side. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and might know where it’s coming from. 

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @brucemoose, is this the rear board under the cabinets? If so, the trim pieces around the taillights are not properly sealed. The leak fix is easy. Remove the taillight trim pieces, clean up and remove the old caulk from the trim pieces and any remaining on the body of the t@b, recaulk with an appropriate sealant, making sure to apply sealant in the screw holes before inserting the screws. Also seal the perimeter of the taillight trim. Good luck. Here is how my trailer looked after only 6 months when we found the leaks. At that time we were at ÜCamp 17, and the leaks were stopped as part of our warranty work. We kept the wood as it was, as it is merely cosmetic.

Passenger side.

Driver's side. 

No leaks since.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @brucemoose, as @dragonsdofly noted, it’s a known problem. I searched on “taillights leak” and found several posts.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    brucemoosebrucemoose Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    SneakleSneakle Member Posts: 131
    I had the same problem on the new 2018 320s boondocks we bought. I neglected to look carefully under the bed area when I bought it. I had looked under there on another unit so saw no reason to look again on another new unit I chose.  Fortunately still under warranty and we shipped it back to the factory where they fixed and replaced the wood. But from what I've read here, the leak happens around the tail lights as stated.
    Tab 320s Boondock
    TV: Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I have the same problem on my 2018 drivers side.
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge