Options

Unable to post PDF’s with Apple Handheld Devices

SystemSystem Posts: 180
edited June 2019 in Help - Computer & System
This discussion was created from comments split from: Battery Specs and Victron Settings.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ah ha!  It’s not just me!  Someone else can’t add PDF’s to the forum with Apple products!  Thank you, @RCB !  You have unknowingly cleared up my confusion as to why I cannot add PDF’s here. Thank you!  Hey @ScottG, it’s not just me, it’s Apple products!

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion of “Battery Specs and Victron Settings”......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    But the Victron app looks so much better on a rose gold iPhone X...
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Verna said:
    Ah ha!  It’s not just me!  Someone else can’t add PDF’s to the forum with Apple products!  Thank you, @RCB !  You have unknowingly cleared up my confusion as to why I cannot add PDF’s here. Thank you!  Hey @ScottG, it’s not just me, it’s Apple products!
    Oh come on, I add PDFs just fine with my Apple iMac desktop. Step into the 1990s people!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, I rarely use my MacBook....it’s a rather expensive storage device. One of these days I’ll try adding PDF’s on the MacBook.

I’ve tried on three different iPhones and two different iPads and they just won’t add PDF’s. 

I can add PDF’s to emails and text messages fine on the iPhone and iPad, by the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited June 2019
    Makes me think it might be something about how Vanilla interfaces with Apple handheld devices. Kinda' the way comments posted with the Firefox browser have an extra space added with every carriage return. I've had to learn not to double space when I'm typing here.
    Anyway, adding PDFs is what you got me for.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    ...still.a mystery on how to post a PDF from an iPad. However, Dropbox may be a solution, but so far i’ve been unable to. I will continue this adventure...but not for too long. The Vanilla help link directed me to the file icon ...duh! Eventually the Dropbox icon comes up, so here we are. I’m going to pour another glass of wine. So if there are any iPad nerds out there, this is your time. Ciao.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    @RCB I have tried for almost two years to add PDF files to this forum from my iPad or 3 different iPhones.  It doesn’t work. I’ve relied on ScottG to add the PDF’s for me. Luckily he doesn't mind. 😁

@ScottG says he can add the same PDF files from his MacBook. I just happen to have my MacBook turned on and I’m going to try.

I’ll be back.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @RCF and @ScottG......it works on my MacBook, but I still can't add a PDF from my handheld devices meaning iPad or iPhone. Vanilla doesn't really like Apple, so it makes sense that it doesn't play well with at least part of the Apple line 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Folks,
    FWIW I don't this is a Vanilla issue. We tried to upload pdfs on other sites like one for insurance from my wife's iPad and could not. I went to the Apple store and they didn't have an answer which is unusual.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Vanilla doesn’t like Apple, plain and simple.  Going back to the Little Guy forum areas this has historically been the case.  And true, you cannot load a PDF with an iPhone as for the moment, they don’t interface well with the Vanilla platform.  There are kinks with Vanilla and Safari too, so we know that other browsers perform better with Vanilla as well.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ