Options

400 (2019) Cool Cat Drain?

I notice the drain from the Cool Cat seems to be fill the tray and then run over and down the outside wall. There doesn't appear to be any factory installed drain tubes from the Cool Cat enclosure. This discussion was prompted by an old 2015 thread way before 400's existed and my recent experience with this in a new 400 in high heat and humidity. At home where I live in a semi desert area there isn't any condensation produced so hadn't noticed it prior to last week.

Seems like a poor job of engineering and a bad caulk job away from water being inside the Tab under the driver side bench.

A little hesitant to just punch holes through pan to outside, has anyone modded their 400 to add a drain path?
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite

Comments

• Options
    Jax0913Jax0913 Member Posts: 64
    We noticed the same thing in our 400... seems to be the intended behavior but I agree, poor design??
    2018 T@B 400
    2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
  • Options
    OldcootcamperOldcootcamper Member Posts: 23
    According to Patrick at Travels with Delaney, who talked with NuCamp, this is the design.  Agree that it’s poorly configured.  Be careful to be level left to right if you need the air conditioner or if anything error on being a tad low on that side, which may mean you have to sleep with your head at the TV side.  Lol
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Is there  a way to add a drain tube to the tray to vent the water outside?
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Tundra57 I suppose one could be added, but I didn't see an easy clean way to do it. Ideally it would go out the bottom, BUT that requires a water tight seal at the penetration through bottom of drip pan, certainly don't want to just drill a hole, that would allow water infiltration into the floor area. So far I am just dealing with the design as is and quite honestly in most of areas I have camped it is dry and so not much of an issue, BUT high humidity areas fills that tray pretty quick and then the water fall over the side.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite