Water seeping through floor

hi all,
We are new to camping, we have a boondock edge 2019. We went camping without any services and filled our fresh water. We used our faucet in the sink and then water started seeping through the floor near the shower (we didn't use the shower) and water also seeped through under the trailer. Any ideas for us newbies ??

Comments

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Are you talking about the kitchen sink?  If so, have you pulled everything out of that cabinet and checked to see if your plumbing lines or a connection are leaking?  Where have you looked for the leak?   
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I agree - start with locating any leak under the sink.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • InkwizitfInkwizitf Member Posts: 5
    hi, everything is dry under sink. There doesn't seem to be any leaks in the interior that we can see visualy. Underneath the trailer we have looked but can't pinpoint where it is coming from. We are thinking of removing the protection plate underneath the trailer...

It may be coming from the fresh tank fill.  See if you can look inside the hatch above the toilet.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Are you connected to city water and did you use a water pressure regulator? 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

We'll have a look in the hatch behind the toilet but that is a wierd angle, not sure I'll see anything.
    jkjenn : we are not hooked up to city water..
    @Inkwizitf If you can get your arm down in there & feel around to see if you feel any wet pipes or connections that would be a start.  I'm calling on @Dalehelman to see if he has any ideas. . . . 
    Woohoo!
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Inkwizitf, it is hard to see inside the hatch above the toilet, but some people have used their phone in camera mode to see what is going on. Just be cautious and keep a sure grip. By moving the phone around and giving the camera different angles, watch what's going on with the pump on and the system pressurized, have someone open the sink faucet on hot and cold separately each for a minute or two while you are watching what you can thru the camera. Try the same with flushing the toilet several times to see if you can identify a leak source. Welcome to the world of t@b plumbing yoga. Should you get tightly wedged, make sure a sympathetic yoga partner is nearby at all times while practicing these moves, or developing your own. I believe @ScottG developed some new and creative moves recently while installing a plumbing access point behind the toilet. Perhaps he can offer some advice before you begin your session. Good luck and namaste.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Haha! You guys are great! We'll try all these suggestions on the weekend...

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    The connection on the inside of the city water port can come lose - it's also connected to the same common supply line as the pump output.  A number of us have had this happen.
    See 12th comment on this page on how I tightened a leaky connection there using my left hand when right arm could not reach it..

https://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/8829/water-leak/p2

Here's a copy..

There are photos there too of what's inside on that wall.  Using your left arm allows you to reach it & hand tighten.

PS:  @ScottG also had a less common  leak inside that wall behind the toilet, but in a different location at a connector on one of the pump lines I believe.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    @BrianZ, kudos to your ingenuity in finding, documenting and repairing your water leak problem. I personally think you have earned a t@b university badge, and I will sign up for your next master class in advanced contortionism and string theory. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    @Inkwizitf, I don't know if you have found/fixed your leak yet, but I will second the suggestion to start with the threaded connector at the city water port. I'll also confirm that BrianZ's left-hand technique for reaching that connector works swimmingly.
    I did have an unusual (and very small) leak at a different PEX fitting down in that cavity that required the construction of an access panel in order to repair it. You can read about it here, but I would try really hard to confirm the source of the leak before breaking out the Sawzall. A combination of lights, mirrors, small cameras, contortions, and working by "feel" may be required!
    Good luck and please report back on what you find.
    2015 T@B S
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    We took our first trip in the T@B on Monday and discovered a water leak when running the pump. Using a selfie stick and an iPod camera I took a quick movie and discovered the leak was in the fitting to the outside city water hook up as noted above. I had checked before we left so either vibration from the pump or vibration from towing caused it to loosen. I tried the left hand method first and could not reach the fitting. I then crouched in front of the toilet and used my right hand to reach and tighten the fitting. So it appears that different body types will need to use different methods. Thanks for posting this it helped me to resolve my issue.  :)
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

Oh too funny!  Whatever works!  Longer your arms the better!
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Amazing how many have experienced this leak due to a loosened city water connection inside the wall.  Our T@B's twin cousin recently visited with us, so I checked theirs & sure enough, was able to tighten it by hand about a quarter to a third of a turn.  She is getting ready for a long trip, but had not yet experienced or noticed any leakage. 
    I also greased their wheel bearings, which had never been done in the two years since purchased new.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    As with anything that's new I was a bit intimidated for the first few days. As I observe the camper's systems and read posts on this forum I've discovered it's a slick unit that appears to be reasonably easy to maintain. Very happy with our "Sock Monkey" and expect the next trip to be even better. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

Thanks everyone, all solved. We had an issue with the exterior faucets. Changed it and no more leaking. Woohooo
    @Inkwizitf, good to know, and glad it worked out. Thanks for the update. Sometimes we never find out what happened. Thanks, again.
    @Inkwizitf  what was the issue with the exterior faucet?  What did you change out?

Woohoo!
  • DucheneDuchene Member Posts: 7
    Our 2018 T&B400 had a problem with the outside shower. It was the hose connection that leaked.  Had it replaced under warranty.