Best length for sewer hose

Got my new T@B home and need to buy a sewer hose.  Many mentioned the Rhino, but what is the length I will need?
2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My daily user is a 15’ Rhino hose, with a 10’ Rhino extension in a bag in the truck. I have only needed the 10’ twice in 4 years, but what would I have done without it?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    @Verna I totally agree.  I would rather carry the extra hose than be two feet short. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • wooperwooper Member Posts: 75
    Thanks all...I don't know how I would get all of this stuff together without this forum.  I read about some storage tubes for the hose, but is storing the hose up front with the propane tank and battery the best option prior to doing that?

2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn
    My personal opinion—I never stored my sewer hoses on the front tub due to the possibility of spreading of disease. Seriously—think about it....you turn on your propane tank, you get out your hoses...you wear nitrile gloves, but does everyone wear nitrile glove when opening the tub?  

I used a black hose tube secured to my frame with long hose clamps and it stayed in place for 3 years. It really doesn’t take that long to install a sewer tube....there’s plenty of examples on the forum. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks Verna.   What are the dimensions of the tube you use?  Are you storing just 15 feet or more?
    When I had my 320, I stored 15’ in the Valtera black tube on my frame. I think it was the 54” tube. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks again!!!
  • klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I have two 10' hoses that I keep in a Valtera black tube behind the A-Frame tool chest I added.  See link in signature for details.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    @wooper I bought the smaller adjustable length Valterra 
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01NAU762Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_OHFnDbXKW23PM
    along with some heavy duty zip ties and fastened it to the side of my hitch:

I have the 15' RhinoFlex with clear elbow. there was one piece I couldn't fit in the tube, not because the tube couldn't adjust long enough, but rather I ran out of bar to attach it to on the side, thus dictating the allowable length of the tube. I put that piece in a plastic bag and it sits in the PVC pipe in the tub.
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    If you need to store the hose in the propane tub, just cap the ends and bag it first. A regular garbage bag will do, and caps come in some hose kits. (They’re also available separately.)

In my case, I have an anti sway bar mount on one side of the frame and the control box for my Prodigy RF bake controller on the other, so a tube on the frame isn’t an option. My hose is in a bin on the platform, and the attachments are bagged in a bin in the tub.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 59
    I haven't used my sewer hose yet and seeing all of these DIY modifications is so intimidating.  No way I could ever do them.  @VictoriaP - for now I have it in a  mesh bag in the propane/battery bin.  What kind of bin do you have on your platform that you store your hose?  Do you have a pic?  
    Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
    Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)
    @ZippyA No handy pics, unfortunately. I have the Boondock platform, so on either side of the propane tub, I bolted down one of these: 

https://www.rei.com/product/634286/rubbermaid-action-packer-8-gal

...through the platform holes, using bolts, nuts, and large fender washers. I added foam weatherstripping to the groove on the inside lid of each bin to keep out water while driving in the rain.

One Action Packer holds all my electric adapters, surge protector, and water related stuff (except the actual power cable). The other holds my 15’ Rhino sewer hose with the 90° elbow still attached and both ends capped. All the other sewer attachments, including my cleanout hose for after dumping and the hose wrenches are bagged in 1 or 2 gallon ziplocs to keep things clean, and then placed in an open topped plastic bin/basket that is velcroed on top of my battery box in the propane bin. Box of disposable gloves is tucked in between the propane and battery.

When I get home, I remove the caps and air the hose out to finish drying in the sun on my lawn. I use Happy Campers tank chemical, so there’s simply no odor.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    @VictoriaP- Wow, quite a system!  I like the idea of velcroing a bin on top of battery box.
    I keep reading references to a cleanout hose.  How is that done??  The way the dealer explained it to me was - do black water first, followed by gray water so that the gray water rinses out the black water hose.  Also, where do you store your fresh water hose?  thanks so much!
    @ZippyA This is my cleanout hose:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDV4NP7/

Most dump stations have a hose available, but not all do, and of course if you are using full hookups, you can easily just flush water through the trailer’s systems and tanks. But the sewer hose attachment that comes with this gives a bit more thorough clean than just using the hose by itself at the dump station. Not an absolutely necessary purchase for everyone, but a useful one. Yes, always dump black, run water via toilet into the tank and out the hose, then close black and dump greywater, then rinse the greywater tank and the hose. The cleanout hose would be used as your last step to make certain the dump hose is clean, but can be skipped if there’s a line behind you at the dump station.

Water hose is this Zero G RV/Marine hose:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1FB8WV/
    which is drinking water safe, expensive, and worth every penny to me because of its light weight and collapsible, compact size. Stored with the ends screwed together in a 2 gallon ziploc in the water & power Action Packer, with a backup one in case it’s needed still in the package in the cabinet below the dinette. And again, left out to drain fully on the lawn when I get home.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    @VictoriaP - many, many thanks!
    ZippyA said:
    @VictoriaP - many, many thanks!
    No problem!
    If you haven’t dumped yet, I suggest getting a full hookup site for your first try. That way, there’s no pressure, you won’t have anyone waiting impatiently behind you for the dump station. It may also be easiest to use the toilet only for number 1 that first time...less intimidating. 😁 Just remember with hookups, you don’t leave the black tank valve open all the time. Open it only when the tank is ready to dump. I promise, it’s all way easier than it seems.

That said, Happy Campers chemical is the best thing since sliced bread...and I love me some bread. Everything dissolves within a few hours to a slurry that easily flows out the hose, which means tank and hose both stay cleaner with just a quick rinse. No chemical smell and no sewer smell. 
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW