Options

coupler manufacturer for 2016 Tab CSS

TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 221
does anyone know who the manufacturer is of the Coupler that is used on the tabs. I dopped mine off today to be shipped back to nucamp for repair and cant run out and look at it?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    It is an Atwood.  Here is info from another thread:
    • BaylissBayliss Posts: 274Member
       April 21 edited April 21 IPv6
      @MuttonChops@tybladesmith@Sharon_is_SAM and @jgram2 .............. I got a chance to go look at the coupler on my camper this afternoon.  Based on what is stamped in very small print in the metal on the top of the straight tongue coupler, it appears to be Part Number 80186 and is a Class 4 coupler capable of 700 lbs. of tongue weight.  The design is identical to #80082 and #80083, which are Class 3 couplers.  Not sure what to make of that.......identical in design and appearance, but different weight capacities????  [NOTE:  I also found a 2003 Atwood factory document, which indicates that #80186 is a Class 3 coupler, but mine is stamped Class 4.)  The channel width (measured from the inside space of the channel) is 2"; the exterior width on mine is approximately 2 5/8".

Although I could not clearly read the rated weight capacity stamped on my coupler, the document I found on the Internet indicates that the capacity is 6,000 lbs., which is consistent with what I believe the stamp on mine reads.  Significantly greater than what I would expect for a T@B 320S.

Thanks again for everyone's input.  (Greg) 
      2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite; Alde Compact 3020 Boiler; 2007 Toyota Tundra TRD (5.7L V8)
      Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
  • Options
    I am looking at new hitch arrangement. Do you also know the width of the frame arms?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Sorry - no.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio