Utah NuCamp dealer

newteardropownersnewteardropowners Member Posts: 15
edited July 2019 in Testimonials
Please do yourself a favor and don't purchase any products from ParrisRV in Salt Lake City.
Sales: I have to admit we got a great price on a new 2018 T@B320S, but it had been sitting on their lot for a year. Walk thru was pathetic, there were a number of simple items that should have been fixed before leaving the lot. Assurances from the general manager everything would be made right didn't do any good. On first trip found that the Alde system would not work, called dealer, no one had any idea how to fix it. Luckily there was a guy who was a NuCamp dealer who fixed it.
Service department: This organization is not very good. Set up an appointment to bring T@B in to have items fixed, got there and no record of appointment, plus none of the parts had been ordered. Set up another appointment a month later, fixed a few things, but still needed more parts from NuCamp, received assurances
everything would be ready next trip to service dept., well another month has gone by, called today to find out the status and was told they hadn't even ordered the parts yet, NuCamp's fault. Another note: service writer didn't have any idea what ALDE system was.
There are quite a few dealers within a days drive of SLC, some much closer. Check them out first. Don't know why NuCamp continues to support this dealer?

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @newteardropowners Please copy this post and email it to Nücamp: mskidmore@nucamprv.com Mike Skidmore is their dealer liaison and should be informed of both great and terrible interactions with any dealers we turn to for either purchase or service. This email address is located in the Nücamp contacts category in the left hand category column. Nücamp won’t know unless we tell them. Thank you! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• newteardropownersnewteardropowners Member Posts: 15
    Obviously NuCamp really doesn't care, second time complained to Mike Skidmore with no response. Great product, bad representation by dealer.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @newteardropowners Well now I wonder if anyone who contacts Mike gets any kind of reply; is this a pattern or a one-off? I’m hoping he’s on vacation and has no one who can cover his emails. In any event, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with them. I may have to rethink my recommendations to do so. I’ve always believed in those pesky feedback loops.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I vaguely recall that as nuCamp's dealer liason, Mike would be collecting this information--and acting on it as needed--but he would not necessarily be replying to messages or intervening on behalf of individuals. I.e., I would not interpret the lack of response as a lack of interest or concern.
    One of the other admin/mods please correct me if I've got this wrong. 
    2015 T@B S
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Mike Skidmore made it clear to me that his job is to take the information and he will contact the dealers, not the owners. It is up to the dealer to contact the owners. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ParrisRV im Salt  Lake continues to be the worst buying experience I've ever had. Finally received the parts for our T@B, but was told they couldn't schedule a date until October, WTF, summer is almost over. I've received no response from Mike Skidmore or the managers at ParrisRV. I guess you only get service from Parris if you buy a $100K RV. By the time we have a T@B with everything fixed or replaced, the warranty will be over.
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I understand the frustration, your experience is the norm at the large majority of RV dealerships and brands Nationwide. Service in general almost always has a serious backlog in the RV business, exceptions might be small independent dealers that sell and support a single brand.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited September 2019
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9459/feedback-for-nucamp-on-dealer-service#latest

Please forward your issues to customerservice@nucamprv.com.  Mike Skidmore does not reply to owners, but the customer service department will reply.  Also, please consider creating a testimonial on ParrisRV for member reference.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • SamrollseyesSamrollseyes Member Posts: 29
    I just saw this thread and I had to comment. ParrisRV in Murray Utah treated me VERY well. I admit I was surprised after my local dealers wouldn't give a single (what?) female (surely you jest!!) the time of day. Apparently, I'm not capable of reading or researching my own needs. Red at ParrisRV answered my questions, walked around with me to look at all the options, then gave me the key to all the trailers to look without pressure. I knew what I wanted but was gratified to hear that Red assumed that I knew what I wanted and was smart enough to ask questions. No question was too stupid-if he rolled his eyes, it wasn't in my presence. This was in May 2017 when I bought my 2018 T@B S. I'm sorry that later sales didn't go well, but for my money, it was worth the 4 hour drive.
  • IndyParrotheadIndyParrothead Member Posts: 16
    We have bought two new T@Bs from Parris RV in Murray (Salt Lake City), Utah — a 320 Boondock in 2020 then traded that for our 2021 400 Boondock a year later. Our sales experiences with Jeff and Red were awesome. Luckily, so far no major repair issues to test the service department. I won’t be looking forward to that after reading these posts. I do believe there is only one tech who is trained to do the walkthrough and some of the sales folk know little or nothing about T@Bs. I’d be interested to hear of better service departments at dealers near SLC on the off chance we might need service. (By near I mean within a six-hour drive).
    Jeff & Janie weekending in our 2021 T@B 400 Boondock pushing a 2022 Ford F-150 3.5L twin turbo.