Advice for Traveling with Pets

SomewherelseSomewherelse Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Camping & Travel
I've heard too many stories of cats getting out or dogs becoming lost or worse, stolen. Those heartbreaking tales of owners having to move on leaving their precious pets behind.  Everyone traveling with an animal should have a Tracker on their collars.  I use the Tile that doesn’t require WiFi or GPS or a monthly fee and it works like a charm.  If he ever did escape (and he tries, believe me he tries) I can find him.  It at least gives me a chance where without one I have nothing. There are plenty of them out there. Find one that works for you and get that on your precious fur buddy so you don't experience the heartbreak other owners have gone through. 
2020 T@B 320-S Boondock lite w/solar, 6000btu Air8 system under bed
Fantastic fan upgrade to 7350
1 12V Grp 27 deep cycle battery (don't want to fool with mod needed to have 2 6V AGM)
Honda EU2200i generator and companion
TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ tow package (6200lbs)

Comments

• geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    Which one do you use? I'd like one like you mention.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • SomewherelseSomewherelse Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2019
    I tried the Whisper and the Findster but those work off WiFi and if the animal is in range, they assume it’s safe. That may work for dogs, but not cats. I need to know if my cat goes 10 feet out the door without being with me on his leash.. The Tile you push a button and it beeps. Like a “Find my iPhone” for cats. That was more what I needed. 
    2020 T@B 320-S Boondock lite w/solar, 6000btu Air8 system under bed
    Fantastic fan upgrade to 7350
    1 12V Grp 27 deep cycle battery (don't want to fool with mod needed to have 2 6V AGM)
    Honda EU2200i generator and companion
    TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ tow package (6200lbs)

• tabienolatabienola Member Posts: 19
    Our elderly dog  loves her t@b. We never let her off leach, you are not home. Have seen cats on leaches with their owners. Beside the usual: tagged, chipped, shot record, we bring along some over the counter meds. We travel with a hard cage and a soft carry bag.
    Don't like the cage anymore than she does. But when we leave for a few hours, she's where we left her (inside). Oh, she rides in the back seat in a harness buckled in. 
    Safe travels