Options

tab400 2019 ac and generator.

So i wrote a few discussions about my tab 400 ac in 98 degree heat. AC never shut off although it was freezing inside The temp by the thermostat is more than 8 degrees hotter on a 85 degree day than the dinette table area and the sun was on the door side. So that was the problem. I found an easy fix today. The opposite door frame has an ac outlet near the floor with a twist cover to direct it. I twisted the outlet so it blows at the thermostat. The thermosat is so far up so its not too direct. I ran the ac on an 88 degree day off my Honda generator. The ac is set to 74. My temp meter says the temp at the thermostat is 75 degrees and the temp at the bed is 75.5. So it all seems to be working now.
I purchased a EB2800i honda generator from a pawn shop for 400 bucks. It had never run.
It is not whisper quiet as it is an industrial one. But pretty quiet. It will run the trailer ac with econo mode off but its a bit noisy in that mode. In econo mode on, sometimes it doesn't ramp up fast enough to start the ac so the ac doesnt kick in until the next try a few seconds later. I have a power monitor I added to the tab. It will shut off the power sometimes in generator econo mode as the voltage falls below 100v sometimes when ac kicks on. So i have that in bypass.
I do have a heavy duty power cord from the generator but its 50 feet long, so im going to shorten it by half to see if that helps. In all i am happy with the ac temperature control and the Honda considering how much I paid and i know they are very reliable.

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @Tundra57
    That was quite a buy at $400!  It lists on Honda's site for $1160.  However at 62dB to 67dB you are going to meet a lot of the neighbors at whatever campground you patronize.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Noise numbers are decieving. The Predator everyone swoons about is supposed to be much lower, but when running ac under load my freinds was hardly quieter than mine.
    I will only run the generator when im boondocking and there is no power available.
    Then just for ac during the day. Fortunately no-one has been near enough to complain. I have heard some pretty loud generators, usually the non inverter type. Mine is way quieter than those. When i can afford it ill get a quieter more powerful unit.