Alde on Propane

To run the heater or to heat the water on propane do you just make sure propane take is open and press the propane button on the Alde screen...no need to ligth a pilot light?
2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn

Comments

• Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I'm surprised no one answered. I have a tab400. The Alde main screen has icons for gas and electric. If you want gas only, turn off the electric icon(lightning bolt). Then turn on the gas tank and click the flame icon. It might generate a fault at first as the line might be empty of gas. But just switch off the panel and try again. It self starts and it will cycle once the water is hot.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Sometimes it takes longer than an hour to get a reply😀

@wooper, when you open the LPG tank, do it slowly and completely.  If you open it too quickly, I think the rapid pressure change can cause a valve to stick and you may get a warning like “Gas failure” on your Alde screen.   Anyway, you don’t need to turn off shore power to use LPG.  Sometimes you want to heat the cabin with both - for a faster warm up.  You do need at least battery to run the Alde controls.  No pilot light.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    wooper said:
    To run the heater or to heat the water on propane do you just make sure propane take is open and press the propane button on the Alde screen...no need to ligth a pilot light?
    Turn on your propane and as noted above, ensure the electric icon is turned off, press the propane icon and the unit should activate and begin heating the water, etc.

If you hit the menu button on the Alde digital display panel, touch the “gear” icon and it will bring you to “settings.”  You will see the up and down arrows....  Tap the down arrow 3 times and you will see various buttons.  Touch the “service” button and you can now see your current glycol temperature, water temperature, fan rotation RPM, etc.  

I use this screen a lot when traveling as it gives me current data and is a nice barometer for knowing when things are actually heating and for knowing when the shower is ready, etc. and without waiting 15-30 minutes.  

In elevations above 3000 feet the newer Alde 3020 unit has a “high altitude” setting that will ensure the unit runs quieter too and without the rumble sound experienced in the 3010 unit.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ