Options

Need to find someone for maintenance in Michigan

linolino Member Posts: 225
I am moving to Michigan in two months and I need to find someone that I can trust to do regular maintenance on my trailer. I’m very specifically not interested in going to General RV and was wondering who other people use in Michigan. I will probably end up in Oakland County. I’m from Michigan so I am familiar with the are

Also need camping suggestions 
Moved away 30 years ago
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Lino, I’ve been happy with a family owned utility trailer sales and service company here in Indiana. Maybe you can find one in Michigan. 

They take care of my bearing maintenance, check my brakes and they did replace the axle on my Silver Shadow after a mishap on the highway. Their hourly rate is less than any RV dealer around, also. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna
    I’m hoping Mike sees this thread

I have been spoiled because only Preston Miller has been working on my trailer. It’s been worth of 3 1/2 hour drive but it won’t be worth a 9 hour drive
  • Options
    @lino, I think Mike does the same as me—I make an appointment with Austin at the factory for any RV related maintenance issues. I have an appointment with Austin in September for some delayed warranty issues. 

You’re guaranteed original nüCamp parts, plus any improvements nüCamp may have developed during the production year. Plus, look at all of the levels of expertise at the factory😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I am going to the factory for some repairs 
    and upgrades this fall

Did not know they would do basic maintenance 
    Thanks
  • Options
    @lino, repair@nucamprv.com is the email where you can ask if they will do certain maintenance for you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Jealous of anyone within about 500 miles of the factory, easy choice to make a yearly trip for any needed maintenance and repairs! It would likely be a two week round trip for me, tougher choice.

Fortunately almost any quality trailer place can do any required axle/bearing/brake servicing and repairs. That is most critical service items to keep from being stranded along the road someplace.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @lino, we are from southern Wayne County. We bought from General RV, but will never go back. We have used a small, hole in the wall place nearby for maintenance such as brake inspections and axle lubrication. 

This business has been nearby us for decades and has a good reputation. We look forward to having a close by t@b owner and forum member. We have another suggestion for you and will post soon. We are currently on the Pacific Northwest coast near Astoria, OR, and it takes a bit of connectivity to look up and post info. Hope to connect to the forum again soon.

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sorry was out camping last weekend 

Thanks for the feedback 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    edited August 2019
    @lino, sorry, my intent was to post before this, but @2Drifters asked me about my second recommendation. It is Eastside RV in Warren, Michigan. We spent time there while trailer shopping and liked the owner who was honest and straightforward.  He was a t@b dealer at the time and through the website I see he still carries current t@bs and thus would have knowledge of them. We haven't been there since early 2016, so check to make sure the business has the same owner.

www.eastsiderv.com
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.