2020 320 extra Keys Solved

CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
edited August 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
I have a 2020 320 and having zero luck with locksmiths and getting a couple of extra keys made.   I have tried three real locksmith and none of them seem to have a blank the last one said it was similar to a Honda key but no luck.

So anyone know who the lock manufacturer is and why type of key they use?
2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods

Comments

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    None of my local locksmiths could find a suitable key blank either.  I had to go to nuCamp for extra keys.  They will want to know your year and model number as well as the VIN on your trailer.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Your key should have a number on it.  Call your dealer and they should be able to hook you up.  If all else fails call the factory.  You CAN buy the door locks online, but your best bet would be to speak to your dealer and have them get you a couple of extra keys.  👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    edited August 2019
    Most T@B keys are the same . . . nearly any T@Bber can open your unit.
    Above only true for pre-year 2020 320  {edit 0802 after @VictoriaP post below)
    You might consider replacing the Lock.  See:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489

Most T@B keys are the same . . . nearly any T@Bber can open your unit.

You might consider replacing the Lock.  See:

@Cbusguy has a 2020, which has a door similar (identical?) to the one on the 400. Can’t change the lock and keys aren’t universal.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2019
    The new pars system stinks.  Now granted my needs are only three weeks old, but I have jumped through the hoops getting part numbers for a couple of minor things I have broken.   Forwarded on to a couple of dealers and have had no luck being able to order parts.

So something as complicated as a key order,.  No way it can happen through a dealer 

Let's just say nucamps idea for parts while admirable stinks for the regular guy.   

@Michigan_Mike who manufactures the door locks or door assembly's.   I can probably buy what I need from them

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2019
    Problem solved......I found a mobile locksmith who spent about an hour working the door and making keys......

So for a 2020 320 the key blank needed is an ilco X117  YH48  hopefully this will help someone else out.   It was crazy expensive to have him come out to work with it.    

Watching him it didn't look  like he did anything special to the blank...

The keys he made with that blank open my camper.   

Looked at the ilco website and it is a key that fits a variety of Japanese motorcycles.