Options

2019 T@b 400 inverter problem?

Today I went boondocking. I hooked up a 2000W inverting generator so I could run the air conditioner. The generator kept faulting out. To isolate whether it was something in the T@b or a problem with the generator I disconnected the camper and hooked a 1500W toaster to it. Generator is good. 

The only way I could keep the air conditioner on was to turn the breaker off to the inverter. Whenever I turn the breaker back on it runs for maybe a minute or 2 then faults out tbe generator.

Last week I ran the air con from shore power at an ev hookup and had no issues. My battery power switch remains on.

Do I have a problem with my inverter? Or am I do something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    Do you have the ability to check the actual
    current draw using a BMV or a circuit tester?  According to the boondocking spreadsheet, the CoolCat draws 8.9 amps and the inverter on standby is included in the 0.35 amp constant load.  Since a 2000w generator under ideal circumstances produces 2000W/120v or 17 amps DC, either your generator is not producing enough and is faulty or your “inverter breaker” has a load you aren’t considering.  

Since the AIMS inverter is wired directly to the battery positive block bypassing the battery switch and is protected by Fuses #3 and 4 but not a breaker, can you specify what breaker number you are referring to so we can figure out which loads you are cutting off when you throw the “inverter breaker”?  The breaker choices according to page 113 are 1 through 5 with 1 being the top most breaker. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL