Options

Anyone have a name of a dealer willing to order parts?

As the title suggest,    I have broken an few things through my not understanding how they come a part and need to order the broken pieces to put it back together.     So far my month long attempt to get the parts ordered has failed.

The process
1. Email parts@nucamprv.com and it took 4 days for a reply with part numbers.
2. First dealer email with part numbers got a response and responded with requested info and nothing for two weeks
3. Second dealer email with part numbers a week ago and zero response. 

I broke it, so not looking for "Free warranty parts"  I just would like to get the parts so I can make the repairs back to original instead of my temp patches.

The process really stinks 
2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You probably need to call these places as they will need your credit card.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2019
    I have zero issue with giving them a CC number or sending them a Check.     But they at least need to give me some pricing and a total invoice.    Nobody with any common sense would give a dealer a blank check to order parts.

I want prices before I order.    
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Ditto Cbusguy’s comments. I called my dealer (who I consider to be very good) regarding the window track “stops” that apparently came out causing my front window to slide off the track. They couldn’t find any info to assist. They claim there is no parts list provided to the dealers other than the few items we have seen posted, mostly accessories. When they reached out to the factory they said they were told they weren’t able to “find” part numbers to order the parts. I emailed Creed with photos. I finally got a response with no part numbers just the comment that they probably weren’t glued into the track properly at assembly. So I have been left hanging with the dealer unable to get assistance from NuCamp. This process doesn’t stink, it sucks. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    that sounds discouraging.   your dealer is correct in stating they have no parts list provided.    Which is kinda crazy considering even the smallest automotive manufacture dealerships all have a parts department with access to an online parts list with pricing.   

The process of getting part numbers works,  you email nucamp they will send you part numbers.......For me the issue is getting the dealer to take the time to get prices and order my probably $20 worth of parts.  I understand it isn't very profitable for them,  but I still need parts and this is the process as dictated to us by nucamp.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Look under the category of “Testimonials” from
     other owners for their suggestions on which dealers they have had successful experiences with. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Well if Creed can’t provide a part number then I guess I’m going back to Elsie keeping my fingers crossed. Still a very frustrating experience for a part that probably costs a few cents. 

Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    @Verna Well two of the dealers who have dropped the ball are on the highly regarded list.     
  • Options
    FYI, apparently this is a common issue and contributes to the windows coming off the track while towing.  From Creed: "This is the end cap on the C part of the window hinge. They are glued in but can come loose from time to time. Just re-glue in place and you should be set. The type of glue is not a big deal."

I don't see any evidence of glue either on the part or the hinge, looks like it was just pushed into the track.  I have emailed Elsie requesting a part number
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Maybe we should create our own Forum Parts Department.  When someone finds a part number and the vendor contact information, they can post it here.  This way we could avoid NuCamp and the dealers going forward.  This only works if the vendors sell to consumers.  Just a thought.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Well contacted two more parts departments,   we will see what happens.    

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @Cbusguy I agree wholeheartedly!  It should not be this hard to order parts. . . . . I understand they are trying to streamline their processes more, but in the interest of your "customers", we need a few dealers set-up & willing to take orders & dropship.  Who is going to order something without knowing the price upfront?  
    @Tabaz ---great idea about creating a parts # list here!

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    @Tabaz    while it took a couple of days to get the part numbers,    I did get the part numbers.   So the ball isn't being dropped on nucamps side.   

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    I have to order some parts for my 2019 320s . Nothing broken , just want to update some things to the Boondock series . Like the patio light from bright white to the Boondock amber , the netting for the inside shelfs , maybe a bathroom porthole window , maybe the boondock corner pieces , etc,etc. 

Now I am a little worried about ordering now as I think I have the same dealer as Cbusguy !  :|

Anyway .........Cbusguy ........talked to SAM, and he said it would be no problem ! Just needed to e-mail them the part numbers and they would take care of it ! 

Still need to call Elsie , and get some part. numbers first . 
    We will see how it goes .........

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @B0atguy I emailed Pasty who is out of town and she copied me on an email she forwarded to Sam asking him to get pricing and take my payment.  it has been about two weeks with no response and I have sent follow up emails every 3 days with no luck.

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    Cbusguy said:
    @B0atguy I emailed Pasty who is out of town and she copied me on an email she forwarded to Sam asking him to get pricing and take my payment.  it has been about two weeks with no response and I have sent follow up emails every 3 days with no luck.

Yes, Patsy has been away for 2 weeks or so on a mission trip . I talked to Sam about our 320 under-counter refrigerator insulation falling down , and also about ordering parts . May have to wait till Patsy returns , to follow up (she should be back by now ?) . 
    Let me know how you make out ! I have to do the same after I acquire some part numbers from nuCamp . 

BTW, this a stupid way to do parts imho ! If you are going to make customers go through the dealer for parts ..........DONT make them go to the manufacturer for the part numbers !!! 
    Sheesh ...........  :s
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    She is back.   About 20 minutes after I posted regarding it she got back to me with pricing.    Guessing mom gonna chew on some butts

With that said the other three dealers never even responded
  • Options
    Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    It sounds like NuCamp may not have thought the process through before they made the change.  This is not rocket science.  NuCamp needs to create a list with a photograph and number for each part.   Yep, takes work but they either go back to centralizing it through NuCamp or do the work and set up something that allows customers and dealers to use to make orders.  And of course that list would need to be posted on their website for customers and dealers and will need to be maintained.  

Putting on my process manager hat, given the size of the company and customer base it is less expensive for the company and produces better customer/dealer satisfaction to centralize the process through NuCamp.  

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2019
    They make their money first and foremost by SELLING campers, not supporting them after the sale.  One of the reasons I bought my camper was the company's exceptional customer service, but as they have grown (and they are sooooo much bigger then they were 5 years ago) something has changed.  Their initial quality is still very good I'd say...certainly when compared to the industry standard.
  • Options
    Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    Even a well built camper becomes nonfunctional if it can't be maintained.  

I recently read materials shortages are hitting camper manufacturers from the tariff war and there has also has been an unexpected slowdown in camper purchases nation-wide.  Hopefully NuCamp has not overextended themselves expanding.  

This is my first camper of any kind, formerly a tent person.  I know I read a lot of reviews and forum entries on many campers before selecting this one.  
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Emma62 said:
    Even a well built camper becomes nonfunctional if it can't be maintained.  

I recently read materials shortages are hitting camper manufacturers from the tariff war and there has also has been an unexpected slowdown in camper purchases nation-wide.  Hopefully NuCamp has not overextended themselves expanding.  

This is my first camper of any kind, formerly a tent person.  I know I read a lot of reviews and forum entries on many campers before selecting this one.  
    For what it’s worth, most parts can be had online from various sources. The Fantastic Fan, for example, the Norcold fridge, even the Alde—none of these are nuCamp exclusive. Plumbing & electrical bits are easy to get to get from a hardware store. The number of “only from nuCamp” things on these trailers is actually pretty small. Unfortunately, if one of those needs replacement, it’s become a real chore to obtain them.

I do wish nuCamp would recognize they’ve put a significant burden on their customers with this change. Dealers don’t like it apparently, since they can’t be bothered to even reply, and customers definitely don’t.  The price list they previously released is grossly inadequate, and they could save themselves and everyone else involved significant labor hours by simply inventorying and pricing every replacement part that isn’t commonly available elsewhere to create a more comprehensive master list. That alone would simplify things by not making dealers or customers go back and forth for a simple part number on some “random rubber window slide stopper”.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP I have owned my brand new320 for two months,   I am pretty sure that I have spent more time looking for parts and getting this and that fixed than I have sleeping in it.    I have been out 6 weekends so far.   so you get the idea.

Something has got to change,    
  • Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44

Maybe NuCamp should use Amazon to supply us parts!!!!!
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    ChukkaredChukkared Member Posts: 2
    I, too, have been frustrated by the lack of response by two different dealers when I have asked them about possibly ordering parts for me. I have the part number, and I supplied that to the dealers in my email. Asked for price....crickets.
    Bernadette | 2008 T@B DM | 1995 Ram 2500 Diesel (I tow horses too!)| SoCal 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    As reported recently, this company is on the ball.  Email them regarding the part you need, with a description and photo of the part if possible.  They will contact nuCamp for the part number then email you a quote.

E-Mail: info@missouriteardroptrailers.com

Missouri Teardrop Trailers:

www.missouriteardroptrailers.com
    590 NW State Hwy M
    Centerview MO 64019
    1-660-909-2553
    ask for Dana
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio