Anyone use these for storage?

I saw this item on Amazon & thought how great would this be if it really would stay on the mirror or bathroom wall?  Anyone have one of these?  

ilikable Vacuum Shower Caddy Suction Cup No-Drilling Removable Bathroom Wall Shelf Shower Organizer Basket Storage for Shampoo Conditioner Razors Soap - White

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    anyone?
    Woohoo!
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    No, but I’m likely to, it looks great with no screws required.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @lkc001
    I have just about given up believing any household suction cup device would stay mounted.  I have tried more than a couple and none of them seem to hold for more than a short time--some fall off almost instantly--even when the surfaces are smooth, flat, absolutely non-porous, and scrupulously cleaned.  The only suction cup devices I have ever found that hold are the Fat Gecko devices by Belkin.
    I guess the only way to know if the gadget you reference will hold is to try it.  I've got a whole collection of good-in-theory-but useless-in-practice things.
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    First, we don’t have this.  
    At first glance, I think it has a lot of functions.  But my concern is the suction cup method.  I’ve never had anything held up this way, stay on a long time.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Bathroom wall, virtually no chance without adhesive or screws. It’s not smooth enough. Mirror...maybe. But I too have had extremely bad luck with suction cups, and to me, it’s not worth the risk of it falling down and cracking the shower pan on impact. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    We’ve used a suction grab bar while traveling and staying in hotels. While certainly for balance, we’ve never had one fail. Knock wood.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I gave up on suction cup devices in the bathroom. They did have the peculiar trait of falling off the wall only during the middle of the night, scaring the *#&#%%@ out of us.
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Thanks everyone for your opinions-- I don't want to chance it falling off & breaking anything either

Woohoo!
  • Kjvo3n1Kjvo3n1 Member Posts: 2
    I hate those suction cup things. I believe a spawn of Satan invented them.  I found these SNAD things on OrganizedObie.com which have a 3M adhesive on the back and you can use anything with a snap on it.  They have bathroom storage pocket thingies that don't mold.  their called Get Wet Organizers or something
  • LittleBoyBlueLittleBoyBlue Member Posts: 22
    Bought a several small clear plastic shower caddies with large suction cups at the Dollar Tree and attached it to the mirror and one inside the wooden cabinet door.  Not elegant but I've had them up for over a year and they haven't come off yet. 
    Mike & Sara Ross - Panama City, Florida - mrosspc@gmail.com - 2015 Toyota Sienna - Little Boy Blue - 2018 T@B S

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Suction cup hooks work on the mirror, and cafe rods across the back is great for towels! I never hang anything too heavy though. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red