Options

Is there a wood post in this area?

Is there a solid wood post/plywood wall between the drivers side kitchen wall & the shower door?  There is a small area on the vertical wall between the Jensen stereo and the edge of the shower door that I would like to mount one of those expandable mirrors on & want a solid surface to screw into.

I know there is a wood post on the wall closest to other side of the shower door (where it opens)/wall between the television wall & bathroom, I already have a rotating coat hook hanging there.  

Thanks for any info!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    anyone?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    A photo with you pointing to the desired mounting location would be helpful.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    If you tell NuCamp the location; inches up from counter and back from front wall they might tell you what to expect.

Now I do not know the true wall construction, factory floor build pictures suggest areas of the wall are thicker than others. Try removing the SeeLevel Panel and looking into the wall.  Then maybe doing some very small pilot holes to confirm thickness and type of material.
    Picture From Forward of Water Pump Space.

Picture from Forward of Sink Space.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    I will take a picture & post tomorrow
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Post or not, it looks to me like that wall is solid 3/4" plywood. That is certainly the case for the adjacent wall that is behind the toilet, which I have cut a large hole in.
    The plywood should be plenty secure for hanging most anything, though you do have to be careful not to poke through to the other side!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG Thank you for that info--yes I remember your post about cutting an access door behind the toilet.  Makes sense that if that wall is plywood, the kitchen wall side would be also.

Woohoo!
  • Options
    Here is a pic-- between the two purple sticky arrows is where I would like to mount the expandable mirror, then secure it with a bungee or something for travel so it doesn't swing around.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Been out to the T@B and did a little investigating while there. The wall itself (at least on mine--2015-S) is closer to 2" think, so it's more than just a sheet of plywood.
    Some strategic tapping suggests that the kitchen side is solid plywood, but much of the bath side is just a thin sheet of something with hollow space behind. However, it does feel like there is a solid piece running the entire height of the shower door. Makes sense, since the shower door would need something solid to attach to. The upper cabinets would also need solid mounting, so I suspect that are would be even further reinforced.
    Not a definitive answer, I realize, but I think you've got plenty of meat to attach to in the area you indicate.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG One more question please--do you think I would need to worry about any electrical lines going through there for the Jensen, shouldn't they be run up through the ceiling and then over to the A/C, Alde wall?   Thanks!
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Good question. I'm not certain but on mine I think they run behind the shower and up along the front wall of the trailer in the zone behind the toilet. I don't think anything runs through the ceiling, as there is no cavity to speak of up there.
    Here's a generic photo showing the bulk of the wiring:

2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG Great pic of that area and what is behind the toilet/shower wall--Thank you again :)
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    That area should have at least the 3/4" plywood on the kitchen side.  Also, if you take out the Jensen (only four screws on the face), you'll see the wires run down near the front of that wall.  You should be fine putting the mirror there.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.