Options

Possible Parts Solution

Having owned my T@B for almost three years, I've developed friendships with many fellow T@B owners.  My research into the problems many of us have been experiencing produced two possible sources for parts:

Missouri Teardrop Trailers:
www.missouriteardroptrailers.com
590 NW State Hwy M
Centerview MO 64019
1-660-909-2553
ask for Dana

Gerton's Auto Sales
www.gertonautosales.com
201 West Second Street
Mount Vernon, IN 47620
1-812-838-2248
ask for John

I'm in need of the LED tail/brake light for my 2016 Outback because two of the 18 LEDs no longer work.  I called Dana at Missouri Tear Drop just now to see how he would handle this type of order.  He knew immediately the part I was talking about and how this light differs between the clamshell and "S" models.  He also knew that the light is held in place with a ton of caulking from the factory.  He stated I did not have to contact NuCamp for a model/part number.  He did insist that I send him an email requesting a price quote so that "nothing gets lost in communication" (I like that).  Once ordered, the part will be shipped directly from NuCamp to me.  I found Dana to be very understanding, knowledgeable and responsive.  I'll post again as the process unfolds.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    YEA!  Hope it works-- I'll be watching for updates
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Would someone on Facebook please post the above two addresses to assist those not on the Forum?  Thanks!
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Well email sent to one of them with my needed part numbers.   Now I will hold my breath and see what happens.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Missouri Tear Drop emailed me a price quote for the LED light a few minutes ago.  Gave them my credit card number over the phone and was told the item should be shipped from NuCamp within 48 hours.  Elapsed time from my initial call to them to their placing the order with NuCamp = 6 hours.  Not bad, not bad at all!  BTW, Dana and Barb are just a joy to deal with.
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Yea again!  I'm bookmarking this info
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    how much was his mark up?
  • Options
    While I don't want to spend too much or get robbed.    At this point I just want to just get some parts they can get paid.
  • Options
    Don't know what his mark-up was because I don't know the cost of the item.  It's also not included in the NuCamp parts list.  However, I've probably spent 1 1/2 hours on the Internet looking for that particular LED before contacting them.  I found two images of it, but when I went to their websites, a different model was offered for sale.  The sale prices for the non-NuCamp LED's were around $25.  I'm OK with $59 (including shipping) for a specialty part.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    thanks for the links @Tabaz !
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Missouri teardrop is the place to get your parts.   Very responsive and honest.

Two thumbs up
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    Will have to try Missouri Teardrop for parts .......thanks for posting this . 

What is the contact info for nuCamp to obtain part #'s ? 
    Call Elsie , or just e-mail  ? 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    B0atguy - just email Missouri Tear Drop your request without a part number.  Attach a photo of the part if possible.  They will call NuCamp for the number then email you a quote.
  • Options
    @B0atguy parts@nucamprv.com
  • Options
    Just received my tracking number from Missouri Tear Drop showing a Friday delivery date for my LED taillight.  From date of ordering to actual delivery will be nine days.  It took NuCamp three business days to ship the item (with another four days in transit).  All-in-all I'm pleased with the way this purchase went down.  Still not near as convenient as ordering parts directly from Elsie, but a good alternative.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tabaz said:
    Just received my tracking number from Missouri Tear Drop showing a Friday delivery date for my LED taillight.  From date of ordering to actual delivery will be nine days.  It took NuCamp three business days to ship the item (with another four days in transit).  All-in-all I'm pleased with the way this purchase went down.  Still not near as convenient as ordering parts directly from Elsie, but a good alternative.
    Thanks for the feedback. Always good to know where we can 8rser parts from.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014