Options

How’s sleeping over the AC - 2020 T@B 400?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    I agree that the later 2019's might have been the best yet on the 400's. I have everything I want except maybe the square sink and the platform on my 2019 BD, and best part is I could swap those pretty easy, hard to swap the new AC out without major re-work. There must be some reason NuCamp went to the Air8, since it is now across the line the factory AC, but don't know if that has been disclosed. I am happy withe the Cool Cat and it has one feature the Air8 doesn't, namely the heat pump function which I do use from time to time.

Not purchasing a new old stock 2019 because of supposed heavy tongue weight vs the 2020 would be a easy decision for me, get the 2019.
    That gives them the same air conditioner for both T@B 320s and T@B 400s, and possibly the Avia (have heard conflicting reports about whether it has the new A/C or a rooftop A/C) Before they had one A/C for the 320-S models, another A/C for the 320 non-bath models, and then the CoolCat for the 400s.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rbtxrbtx Member Posts: 24
    @TNOutback, you make some good points for consideration of the 2020.  Back and forth we go.
  • Options
    grsiepkagrsiepka Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2019
    Throwing my 2 cents in.. 2nd trip with our 2020 T@b400. Camped over the weekend and used the AC one night because the screens were letting in dozens of little gnats.  It's loud for sure, even on the lowest fan speed setting. Took some getting used to. Only thing i'm not crazy about the is the vent in the sleeping compartment is literally inches from the head of the person sleeping on the outside (me) and had to be almost closed and pointed up for it to be useful. But if you roll over with a pillow and happen to hit it closed it whistles which is annoying. 
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite - 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum - Tempe AZ