Options

Tab 400 move of Dinette USB and addition of 12V outlet

DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
edited October 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
After the double USB outlet broke, I decided to move the outlet from under the table to driver's side.  I mounted the replacement outlet and added a 12 volt outlet.  Now I can access the USB outlets and the 12 volt outlet regardless of the table position.

2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
Massachusetts

Comments

• Options
    gandegande Member Posts: 91
    Looks like a clean installation DenisP.  How did you conceal the holes where the outlets were previously? 
    gande

2018 T@b 400
    2019 Ram 1500 crew cab / 5.7 V8
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @gande

I added another 120V outlet in place of the USB under the table.  I had added three other 120 V outlets (one under the bed and two at the foot of the bed) previously and had one left over.
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    gandegande Member Posts: 91
    Thanks for the pictures...looks very tidy.
    gande

2018 T@b 400
    2019 Ram 1500 crew cab / 5.7 V8
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Here is how the front panel and shelf looks removed from the front to allow access to the power wires, outlets, AC duct and Alde system:

As you can see, the back held and front come out as a single bit, two screws from the front (under the plastic tabs) secure the cover to the sides.  Remove the CoolCat bench seat and the pax side storage box interior, and you have full access to all...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks for sharing Denny!  I had my 400 built similarly and since I use a CPAP and boondock on occasion I had a cigarette style plug installed in the back corner of the trailer near the inverter to allow use of a 12V adapter and minimize battery draw.   I also had the USB added on the drivers side which eliminates reaching under the table.  One cannot have too many luxuries right?  Thanks for sharing your upgrades and the battery monitor gives you a quick view at night for added peace of mind.....  Well done!  👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Denny16 said:
    Here is how the front panel and shelf looks removed from the front to allow access to the power wires, outlets, AC duct and Alde system:

As you can see, the back held and front come out as a single bit, two screws from the front (under the plastic tabs) secure the cover to the sides.  Remove the CoolCat bench seat and the pax side storage box interior, and you have full access to all...
    cheers
    Thanks Denny.  I was looking for this very information in an effort to retrieve some game pieces that the grandkids dropped in the slot and add a screen to prevent future losses.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You are welcome.  There have been several requests on how the front comes out, going back to the Lagun table mods to the TaB400.  So when our trailer went into the shop for the floor removal, I asked the tech to take and send me photos as he dismantled the interior, so I coild post then info here.

As for adding a Lagun table bracket to the front panel, I would add some 2x2 ledgers in there the top at the side mounting points to get better leverage support.

While the panel is off, I am having the tech move the AC and USB outlets to the front of the driver’s side bench.  He is filling the original location with a matching blank plate.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    simlessssimlesss Member Posts: 9
    Hi 
    Where did you buy the power oulet? DC and AC?
    simless
    Tab 400 2018
  • Options
    @simlesss I purchased the AC outlets from NuCamp and I believe the 12 V outlet from Amazon 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts