Options

UPDATE- PROBLEM FIXED - Need help guys - water leak

Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
After using the sink / shower today water is leaking from under the belly pan in our 400. I used it a few weeks ago and didn't notice this. I can see a collection of water sitting in the belly pan.

Couple of questions. Where would the leak most likely be coming from? I don't see any leaks in the interior anywhere. How easy is it to remove the belly pan from a 400? 

Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    The plot thickens!
    Poured water down the sink and then the shower drain - no leak. Ran the water pump and I could see water dripping down onto the belly pan. So the leak is coming from the water pump or the lines to/from it. 
    Where is the water pump in the 400? How is it accessed?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Found and inspected the water pump - looks fine, no leaks around it or in the compartment that houses it. I think I need to remove the belly pan at this point. Any input is appreciated.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A plumber I am not!  There is a Hepvo p-trap under the shower. Unscrew the vented piece of wood under the show door and make sure the connections are tight. 

Check under the closet (if you have the small fridge model with a closet), under the trap door and see if you can see where the water is coming from.  The Alde and water pipes are visible from under the head of the bed. Gently tighten any connections. You can also see some pipes from the inside the outside cargo door on the driver’s side. 

And, if you mention exactly which year and model, we can help with more specific advice. See my signature line and there’s no question what I have.  (Go to your Profile to add a signature line.)

Good luck!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna. 2018 400.  Its not coming from the shower because water poured down the shower drain causes no leak. I checked the Alde under the bed and the pump area under the closet - no problems there. But when the water pump is turned on a steady, heavy drip into the belly pan can be seen.

• Options
    @Michael49, are the connections tight around the water pump?  You should have access to the water pump in the closet. See if you can see the clean out filter on the pump...if it is there, remove it (have a towel ready to catch the drips) and see if there are plastic shavings or other “stuff”, clogging the filter.

There really wasn’t that many plumbing changes between the 2018 to the 2019.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PROBLEM FIXED. IT WAS A LOOSE WATER CONNECTION ON THE OUTDOOR SHOWER.
  • Options
    Congrats, @Michael49!
    Verna, Columbus, IN