2018 T@B 400 battery cable size

cafyrmancafyrman Member Posts: 25
Hi all,
Doing some rewiring of my T@B to add solar and an inverter.  I can't find a size marked anywhere on the stock cables.  The crimp on connector is red, which seems to indicate 8AWG.  That sounds about right for the loads.  Can someone confirm?

Edit - Tore more stuff apart and answered my own question.  Yes, the stock cables going from the battery box to the battery switch are 8 AWG.  I got crazy and pulled off my battery box cover to ensure that there are decent sized cables going from the batteries to the outside of the box.  Those are 2 AWG.  I also found that contrary to my paperwork, I have the 2 x 6V 224 AH batteries, with HB DTA6224 batteries.

Now I get to put it all back together, but with solar and an inverter added.  And yes, I'm using bus bars.  I'll post photos when done.

Thanks!
2018 T@B 400

Comments

• PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone know if the battery connections on the outside of the black battery enclosure on the 18/19 T@B400 are 5/16" or 3/8" diameter ? ( I am not with my trailer/home right now but need to order some stuff so it is there when i get home).
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline