2020 Washington State East Meets West Lincoln Rock Gathering

HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,993Member
edited August 14 in Events & News
2020 Washington State East Meets West at Lincoln Rock State Park just north of Wenatchee is May 14,15,16,17, 2020. This means that reservations can be made online very soon. 

However this year there’s a catch:
**This weekend falls earlier in the calender month this year, causing possible confusion. The Gathering starts May 14, but reservations don't open until May 15. I've spoken with park staff and no reservations can be made before May 15 and any dates before that are first come first served. There is no way to book a reservation for May 14 or before. The staff I spoke with said that mid-week we should have no problems getting a site for May 14. I will be speaking with Ranger Dennis regarding a backup plan and will keep you updated when I know more. 

I’m working on the google sheet and updated web info on the Tab Forum and in this group. Hope to have it up very soon! My team and I are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones! In the meantime, Happy Camping!
(state.parks.wa.us)
2017 [email protected] 320 Max S silver and cherry red, [email protected] ("Bug" aka my [email protected] pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• stumptownmilesstumptownmiles Posts: 4Member
    Newbie here. Are Oregonians welcome? Is this a Washington thing only? 
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Posts: 196Member
    Newbie here. Are Oregonians welcome? Is this a Washington thing only? 
    Everyone is welcome. We had folks from as far away as Denver in 2019.

@Homebodyatheart I’ll be aiming for site 54 in loop B again.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r 
    Pacific NW
  • Pika1Pika1 Posts: 31Member
    @Homebodyatheart I'll have the alarm set to make a reservation for the 15th.  Interested in what might be a "backup" plan for the 14th.  More adventures await this summer. Thanks for all you and the team do.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Posts: 1,993Member
    @stumptownmiles of course you’re welcome to join us! We actually had a Tabber from North Carolina join us on her way to see family in Seattle, and two couples, one from BC and one from Alberta CA. We’d love to have you join us!

Awww @VictoriaP you love that site and your Tab looked so great there! I’m trying for site 87 in C Loop. 

@Pika1 it wouldn’t be the same without you both! 

2017 [email protected] 320 Max S silver and cherry red, [email protected] ("Bug" aka my [email protected] pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    I'll be in site 87 this year. Looks like many of us are up and booking as the sites are filling quickly! Whoohoo!
    A couple of booking comments for those who read this later. First, while A loop is tent/dry camping it is really nice there! Nicely shaded and closest to the river. Also keep checking the reservations site regularly if you don't get a site or want to change sites. Many have booked in A and later upgraded to B or C for hookups.  Spots open up off and all up into May so anything is possible. Don't be discouraged, keep trying!
  • Leeh22Leeh22 Posts: 31Member
    wow blown away by the frustration of making reservations.  I spent two days trying as the instructions are wrong on the park website as to when sites are available.  I was on at midnight and at 6:45 this morning.  At 6:59 you still couldn’t make reservations. Had everything lined up and pushed the button the second their clock hit 7:00.  At 7:00 everything I wanted in loop B was suddenly already reserved.  Somebody care to share the secret......   I did make a reservation in C.....
    @Leeh22 yay you got a site! Congratulations!
    edited August 15
    Leeh22 said:
    wow blown away by the frustration of making reservations.  I spent two days trying as the instructions are wrong on the park website as to when sites are available.  I was on at midnight and at 6:45 this morning.  At 6:59 you still couldn’t make reservations. Had everything lined up and pushed the button the second their clock hit 7:00.  At 7:00 everything I wanted in loop B was suddenly already reserved.  Somebody care to share the secret......   I did make a reservation in C.....
    Same problem here, nothing but error messages and then solid red. And the phone line is zero help. 

As mentioned above, sites do come back available, and people post here when they do. Last year, I caught a cancellation in January, then switched sites twice as others came up that I liked better. Hoping for the same this time, since I couldn’t get what I wanted. Reserved C75 for now.
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r 
    Pacific NW
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Posts: 508Member
    Wow.  Around 8AM, One C-Loop and One B-Loop was showing available.
    Some how I managed to get one  of them . . . .

C-78
    Friday arrive, Monday depart
    1 person,  320S
    2018 [email protected] 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE
    TV: 2017 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  20       Nights:   91 
  • chchichchi Posts: 4Member
    Echoing reservation frustrations.  

Persisted thru the frustration and finally reserved a site.

We’ll be arriving on May 15 and staying in Site 63.  

2020 320S, Silver and Red; 2003 Ford Ranger.
  • joannafujoannafu Posts: 5Member
    edited August 15
    Totally forgot to log in at 7 AM and as noted above, by 8:30 too late for the serviced loops LOL. Happily will be boondocking in A19 by the river Friday through Sunday. Really looking forward to it - was so bummed to have to cancel this year.
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Posts: 642Member
    Older iPad allowed everything up to pushing reserve button and got the error message.  Switched devices and it went smoothly.  It is a pain!  But got site 86.. same as last year!!! B)
    2016 [email protected] CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on [email protected] from Spokane, WA

• Pika1Pika1 Posts: 31Member
    Ditto on the above mentioned frustrations. Site had some errors in instructions as was finally explained.  Midnight, morning and we are on the watching/waiting list. Oh well.
    Pika1 said:
    Ditto on the above mentioned frustrations. Site had some errors in instructions as was finally explained.  Midnight, morning and we are on the watching/waiting list. Oh well.
    Do consider grabbing one of the A loop sites. That’s where I started last year before finally catching a B loop cancellation. The whole park is very nice.
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r 
    Pacific NW
  • HonutabHonutab Posts: 24Member
    Andy tried to reserve yesterday as did I and had the same frustration.  Nothing available except in A, which would be great for us for our dog as it is by the water but we do want electric.  So we will have to keep watch for a cancellation - would hate to miss out next year.
    @Pika1 are any open in A? @MuttonChops it will be good to have you back! @chchi I’m glad you got a site! We look forward to seeing you!
    @Honutab did you book a site in A? I hope you get in one way or another! 
    @Honutab did you book a site in A? I hope you get in one way or another! 
    A loop still has a lot of open sites.
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r 
    Pacific NW
  • HonutabHonutab Posts: 24Member
    @Homebodyatheart, we love A loop but prefer to have at least electric.
  • SeaTownTabSeaTownTab Posts: 7Member
    We are in A loop, A-6. Had similar issues trying to reserve, tons of green and the website wouldn’t let me book and then everything was red. I was too tired to think to switch to my laptop. But, Looking forward to the meet up!
    We are in A loop, A-6. Had similar issues trying to reserve, tons of green and the website wouldn’t let me book and then everything was red. I was too tired to think to switch to my laptop. But, Looking forward to the meet up!
    I tried multiple devices and browsers, no difference. But, glad you got a site, hopefully we’ll all get to switch as we get closer!
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r 
    Pacific NW
  • BirdieJaneBirdieJane Posts: 200Member
    We doddled and didnt attempt to get reservations unill last night. (Saturday)
    Only loop A spots left, but that'll do. We are in site A-4. 
    Looking forward to another great Lincoln Rock weekend with some great people.
    2017 [email protected] Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Posts: 642Member
    Yay!!!! Glad so many people are coming!  Such a great event!
    2016 [email protected] CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on [email protected] from Spokane, WA