Options

Paul at Beckley's Camping Center - Dealer Commendation

jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
edited August 2019 in Testimonials
After reading other positive reviews of Beckley's and of Paul Chamberlain in particular, and after looking at their website, we called Paul a few weeks ago to inquire about the T@B 400's they had in stock. After a conversation comparing the differences between the 2019 and 2020 models, we focused on one particular 2019 400 standard. Even though there were photos on the website, Paul went out and took more pictures and shot some video for me. 

We live in northeast Ohio, about a five hour drive from Frederick, MD, but hoped the drive would be worthwhile. After setting up a day and time for delivery with Paul, we drove out the night before, stayed in a nearby hotel, and arrived first thing the next morning. We did a complete walkthrough of the camper, inside and out, and got a complete explanation of every feature and system: Water and electric hookup, tanks, battery, outside storage, stabilizers, fans, inside storage, fridge, windows, seating/table, air conditioning, the Alde system, TV, radio - you name it, and Paul covered it in great detail. 

He walked us through how to properly and safely hitch and unhitch the trailer and let us practice doing so a couple of times until we were comfortable. As someone new to towing, this gave me a lot of piece of mind. We even took a practice drive so that I could get a feel for the trailer and got a lesson on backing up at a nearby empty parking lot.

We opted to have Beckley's install a Prodigy wireless brake controller, wire up a solar connector, and install a MaxxAir vent cover. While that was being done, Paul turned us over to Jessica Hough in the parts department who took us through their store and explained what we'd need in terms of basic gear - surge protector, water filter and pressure regulator, 15/30A and 30/50A dogbones, fresh water hoses, black tank drain hoses, etc. She probably spent an hour with us, making personal recommendations along the way, but never, ever putting any pressure on to buy anything.  

I applied for financing through Beckley's on-line submission process ahead of time just to see if they could beat my bank's rates, and they did, by 0.5%. Kudos to Bill Woodcock in financing for scouting the best rate and for providing one of the most straightforward and buttoned-up loan experiences I've encountered. He offered and thoroughly explained some extended warranty options and provided detailed information from the warranty company on what was covered, what wasn't, etc. We opted not to buy the warranty, and Bill never once questioned that decision or pushed me to change my mind. In fact the matter never came up again which I very much appreciated. 

Paul took pictures of us in front of the camper to commemorate the delivery and even shot a video as we pulled away. All in all, he spent the better part of six hours with us and would have happily spent more if we'd have had more questions. You'd have thought we were his only customers. 

Bottom line: A 100% positive experience and a commendation to Paul and the crew at Beckley's for making the purchase of our T@B 400 a wonderful and special experience! 

Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package

Comments

• Options
    grsiepkagrsiepka Member Posts: 58
    Is that the Air Force guy from the YouTube videos? Is he as high energy in person?
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite - 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum - Tempe AZ
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    @grsiepka - That's him! He is pretty high energy in person, but not in a rushed way. He's actually much more conversational and quite funny too, which was a surprise as his sense of humor doesn't come through on his videos. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    We also purchased from Paul earlier this year. He said that if we camped in the Gettysburg area for our first trip, he'd stop by to check to make sure we connected everything correctly and if we had any problems, questions or concerns. We contacted him when we were arrived at the campground and he stopped by later that afternoon to make sure we were all set up. Very knowledgeable and very patient with us newbies. 
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Buying from Beckley's is an amazing experience (positive). The problem is if you have a warranty issue. Their service area is understaffed and too many people park their rigs there and expect them to be ready at the beginning of the camping season (usually when a warranty item goes out). Best of luck! I love their parts center and the folks there too. They are all full of positive energy.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)