How to set Jensen time ???

JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
edited August 2019 in Tips & Tricks
Is there a trick to setting the time display for the Jensen? The manual says use the left/right buttons but when I press them nothing happens... They do work for adjusting the radio station so there has to be something I am missing? 2018 320-CS.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Solved. Need to hold Alarm Set for two seconds to enable setting hours and minutes.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @JP2558, you may have only set the "alarm" time.........which may result in a "rude awakening," if you know what I mean.

Here are the instructions for setting the clock on the Jensen radio.  You basically tab through the time settings and then turn the volume (aka "enter") knob to make the time adjustments for the specific option you have selected.  NOTE:  as the instructions indicate, you must make the adjustment for each setting within five seconds, or it reverts back to the main menu/screen (if I recall correctly.)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

1. Thanks Bayliss, but for my specific model, the Alarm Set button acts as the trigger to set the 24 hour clock. But you have to read the section in the manual regarding the Alarm Set button. That is where in the directions they state it is used as the ‘command key’ for triggering the setting of the hours and minutes. 
    2. Leason learned: when the say read the instructions, read the instructions!

Thanks, Jerry 

edited September 2019
    Thanks @JP2558.  I will re-read the manual (I don't recall the "Alarm Set" part of the instructions.)  It is a very complicated radio to easily figure out.  Not logical in how the buttons work together.  I appreciate the info.
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)

Update - last weekend was our third outing, and oddly, when I set the time (in the afternoon) and turned off the Jensen, the time shown on the display reset itself to something other than the set time. Actually if I recall correctly showing the time in AM as if the clock had started when I flipped the battery switch. I tried resetting it a few times and finally gave up. Not that it really matters since I ended up putting three strips of black electrical tape over the display to dim the light during our sleep hours...

Thanks, Jerry 

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    @JP2558 -- So the +/- display dimmer does not work either?
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
    edited September 2019
    @JP2558, out of curiosity, what specific Jensen radio/stereo do you have?

The instructions I previously provided are for the JWM70A model, which does not use the "Alarm Set" function for setting the time of day.  ("Clock Set" is the sub-menu function for setting the time of day.)  Also, per the instructions for the JWM70A, you have to push the "Back" button to confirm your selection and exit the time menu.

I am wondering if maybe the time you saw when you turned off the Jensen was either the "alarm" time, the default time setting (which might be something like 8:00 a.m. if you have not completed the time-setting process),  OR you did not press the "Back" button to confirm the setting.  (One thing that caused me some problems in setting the time was that you only have five seconds of inactivity during the time-setting process before the Jensen unit automatically exits the audio menu and displays the default setting.)   

TabberJohn - If I recall correctly the +/- does not act as a dimmer on mine, but I will check again.

@Bayliss - I'm off to a part-time job interview, but I will make a point to review which model I have, your reference to JWM70A sounds vaguely familiar.

Thanks, Jerry 

@Bayliss - The Jensen is a JWM6A.

Thanks, Jerry 

edited September 2019
    Thanks @JP2558..........it looks like yours uses the "ENTER SEARCH" button to complete the setup process.  BUT, unlike my model, it appears that yours will automatically set the time you entered, even if you don't exit the clock setup menu.

Clock Setup

Press and hold the MODE DISPLAY button (5) for 2 seconds to enter to clock mode. Press and hold ALARM ON/OFF button (22) for 2 seconds and the clock displayed on the LCD will be flashing. Then, press the |<< button (15) to adjust the hour or press the >>| button (16) to adjust the minute. Continue adjusting the hour to move from AM to PM. Press the ENTER SEARCH button (20) to save the new time and exit the clock setting menu.  If the new time is not confirmed by pressing the ENTER SEARCH button, the unit will automatically exit the clock setting menu after 10 seconds of inactivity and the new time will be set.

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    JP2558 said:
    TabberJohn - If I recall correctly the +/- does not act as a dimmer on mine, but I will check again.
    Bummer. No dimmer on that model.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
    @Bayliss - "Press the ENTER SEARCH button (20) to save the new time and exit the clock setting menu."

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I didn't do this last step. We will be making one more trip in the T@B in two weeks, and I'll make sure to complete this step!

Thanks, Jerry