Best Campgrounds in New England

Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
Living in New England, I'm always looking for new, good places to take my T@B.  My favs so far are Moosebrook State Park (any site around the "circle" - no hookups though) in Gorham, NH and Sebago Lake State Park (those fronting the lake look great but no hookups) in Casco, ME.  What are yours?  Do you have a fav site in the campground.  Thanks.

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    Scusset Beach reservation, Salisbury Beach and Horseneck Beach are three Massachusetts state campgrounds with nice facilities with great ocean access.  Looking forward to our next reservations at Schoodic Woods, the newest campground at Acadia NP.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • aahnhaahnh Member Posts: 11

Thanks for starting this thread - I hope to add something useful to it soon.  I've only taken my 320s to a campground in Milton NH (Mi-Te-Jo Campground - off Rte 16) - pretty standard RV Campground - no complaints but nothing to write home about either.

I joined Harvest Hosts & hope to have some good experiences to share on that soon!

NH - 2018 T@B 320S-Silver/Black Trim - TV 2014 Toyota Highlander-Blue/Gray 
  • Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2019
     Thanks, I’ve been to Scusset and Salisbury, wide open with little between you and your neighbors.  I’m interested in your experience at Schoodic Woods as Acadia is on our list to visit.

TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller
    edited September 2019
    Our reservations are in two weeks at Schoodic Woods and will update once we get back. I have included pics from Scusset and Horseneck. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Dan_RDan_R Member Posts: 6
    I liked Wolfboro campground in the Lakes area of New Hampshire. Very rustic looking and they have some full hook-up sites. They have a website you can check out too.  Not too far off of the Cotton Valley Rail Trial. Just a short bike ride to the touristy downtown of Wolfboro and two breweries. One also makes some good Meades.  
    Yes, I've seen the Wolfeboro Campground website and it is on our list to investigate further.  The Lost River Campground also looks good.

• geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    One of my favorites is Nickerson State Park in Brewster, MA on the Cape. It's a state campground so no hookups, but the sites are large and have many trees and it's big with lots of space to walk. It's also near bicycle trails and ocean beaches. I also like Coastal Acres in Provincetown. The sites are smaller, but it's a short walk into Provincetown and it has full hook ups.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    edited September 2019
    Hoogie69 said:
    I’m interested in your experience at Schoodic Woods as Acadia is on our list to visit.
    We stayed at Schoodic Woods for five nights in August. We really liked it but there are some oddities.
    It's a clean, modern, thoughtfully designed campground. Sites are very well spaced. B-loop sites are huge pull-throughs with water and electric. A-loop sites are smaller with only electrical service.
    There are facilities with sinks, flush toilets, and water spigots, but no showers. There are (expensive) commercial shower facilities a few miles away in town, but since we had ample power to run the pump, we had nice daily showers in the T@B. I added 5-6 gallons of water back to tank each day, and at one point carted 8-9 gallons of grey water off to the dump station in a pair of buckets just to be safe.
    Schoodic is beautiful and quiet and doesn't suffer the crowds of the main park on Mt. Desert Island. However, while there are a couple hiking trails and some new "carriage roads" suitable for bicycling, there are few attractions and services as compared to MDI (which is close as the crow flies but takes a good hour's drive to get there). The Downeast region in general does have some nice public reserve lands and access to a 80+ mile multi-use trail, so if you are looking to explore a bit off the beaten tourist path, Schoodic Woods could be a nice base from which to do so.

2015 T@B S
    Just returned from 4 nights at Schoodic Woods Campground and stayed on B loop. @ScottG nailed the description of the campground and area perfectly. We loved our stay there. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    edited November 2019
    Schoodic Woods in Acadia but avoid area B. Yes they have both water and electric but it’s just a pull thru right off the road.  No privacy, you sit right on the road.  If you go to area A, you only get 20amp (and bring a circular converter, a dogbone adapter will not fit) and no water hookup but the sites are so much nicer. Some are wuite large as well.  Look for the driveway length. NO SHOWERS.
  • CarlimmenCarlimmen Member Posts: 10
    Stayed at KOA Littleton/Franconia. Nice rail trails, hikes and sites to visit not too far away. Oh yeah, Littleton is a beautiful town too.
    Camping for a few days at Mt. Greylock Campsite Park in Lanesborough, MA. Not too shabby.  Nice place, wooded.  Owner is very responsive to questions and any issues.  Campsites not right on top of each other but fairly close.  8 miles from the summit of Mt. Greylock.  Great views of the Berkshires.  

• SolidCamperSolidCamper Member Posts: 20
    In late August, we stayed at Grand Isle State Park in Vermont in a rented 320 S Boondock. The park is located right on Lake Champlain. Lovely park, clean functional facilities, short drive to great biking at South Hero along a gravel path causeway. Loved the experience so much, that we come home and bought a new Tab 320 S . I'm looking forward to checking out all the parks mentioned in this thread.
    MarvinD- Newton, MA, USA  2020 T@B 320S Boondock Lite/ TV: 2013 Chevy Avalanche 
  • DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    Try Maidstone State park up in Northeast Vermont.  It's right on the VT/NH border and just south of Canada.  Many of the sites are right on the lake which make them great for easy kayaking and swimming.  We live in VT and camp in the state parks frequently.  This one is a gem!  https://www.vtstateparks.com/maidstone.html  
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport