Options

Tone Down Accent Lighting

We like the indirect accent lighting in our 400, though it is a bit too blue and bright.  It would be nice if it could be dimmed.  However, the accent strip running the length of the kitchen cabinets is right in your eyes if you are seated in the dinette or in the rear bed.  Short of a dimmer, any ideas how to tone that down to a kinder light?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I was told that many LED lights do not work with dimmers.

What I did was to get a 10’ length of tiny white LED lights and I used small Command Strip clips to attach them to the ledge below the kitchen cabinets. I made sure the switch and the battery box are easily accessible..They use two AA batteries and they last a long time.  Very nice soft lighting. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Following. I could live with the brightness but I have a strong preference for a warmer color temperature and don’t care for bright white lighting. I’m going to look into either gel filters or replacement LEDs that are less stark, including the swivel fixtures and the ceiling light. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jameskuzman, I love the ceiling light next to the Fantastic Fan!  Tell me if you change it out, if you can’t get replacement LEDs. I want one to replace the light over the front table!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    @jameskuzman I’m thinking more low-tech, such as cellophane tape.  It must have some kind of modification since the lights are right at eye-level for my wife.
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    @Verna - I love that ceiling fixture too. I like the look of it, and I like that you can do a the blue light and three different brightnesses. I just don't dig the bright white. I'll keep you posted! 

Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    I was told that many LED lights do not work with dimmers.

What I did was to get a 10’ length of tiny white LED lights and I used small Command Strip clips to attach them to the ledge below the kitchen cabinets. I made sure the switch and the battery box are easily accessible..They use two AA batteries and they last a long time.  Very nice soft lighting. 
    Luminoodle makes a nice battery powered strip light and it has the adhesive already applied. I I have one under each window box and 2 across the back under the cabinets in my 320. I got a good deal on Woot for them. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014