Options

WATER LEAK FROM LIGHT-BAR WIRING

gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
I noticed water dripping from the shower overhead light after rains.  Using a hose I found the fitting where the wires go into the roof were put in without calk all the way around. If you look at the led lights on the rear of the trailer the gap is towards the bottom but when put on the top roof the gap is right where it funnels a LOT of water into the ceiling. I can only guess that the fittings have the calk on them right out of the box but the top one should have had the calk all around. Nu-Camp sent me a new light as the switch would no longer shut off from the water damage. see photo and check yours if you have light bar. Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I never understood the purpose of these lights....
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I would not have ordered one but unfortunately they came all ready on mine. I never turn them on as I don't want every bug in the woods to visit me. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
    It would be useful if that light bar is tiltable, one can use it to work on the roof. Or tilt it to point it down as ambient light with some kind of clear amber tape. 
    Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
    2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    And that is why I purchased a boondocks light.    The only thing it didn't come with was the cargo nets on the storage.

Not sure why you want a light bar on top of the trailer
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    My 320S Boondock also came with the light bar. I even requested to delete it from the build but it's part of the package which also included LED backup lights, that I do like.  In reply to TBDancing, the bar angle can be adjusted by loosening the allen screws on the side of each bracket. I just tried to remove the entire bar but ran into trouble finding where to actually disconnect the wire within the roof shroud. Still exploring.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    tinglebellstinglebells Member Posts: 14
    My 2019 Boondock 320S also leaks water thru the shower light.  Had to replace the LED shower light during year one because of water damage to the electronics (superbrightleds.com).  Look at the picture below and you will see that this has been the same factory defect for many, many years.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @tinglebells - I believe the light bar associated with the OPs leak was only offered in 1 model year.  Do you have the light bar?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio