Options

Newbie with a 2008 T@DA, Full time living

TaruukTaruuk Member Posts: 5
Hi everybody!

I'd like to introduce myself after a full month of lurking on the site. While all the conversations here have taught me ooh so very much I think the biggest resource on this forum is the community. 

I'm a 30 year old single male living in my trailer full time with my small mini-schnauzer dog. Based out of Wasaga Beach, Ontario. I currently have 1000km under my belt but looking to triple that before the snow hits the ground. My choice to live full time in a trailer was born out of necessity but after a month or so it's becoming a preference. Starting with zero knowledge this has been is shaping up to be a wonderful adventure. 

Looking to take my first solo trip ~1,600km at the end of September to catch some of the fall colours, wish me luck!
2010 Ford Escape | 2008 T@DA | Southern Ontario | Full Time Dwelling
Map of Provinces I Visited

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Taruuk Welcome to the forum! Which direction will you travel for those fall colors? 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    I plan on heading East to Montreal, then onto Ottawa, stop in Algonquin and up to Sudbury.
    Since it's an end of September trip I'm hoping the Northern portions will be a little further along.......
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Sounds like a grand plan, and beats the snow! Don’t forget the photos please.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Welcome @Taruuk!  Tada’s are a sweet trailer.  Are you using solar?  How will you winter?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yeah I have three solar panels on the roof (I'm testing them tonight for total power).

I don't have a complete plan for winter yet. At this point my goal is to test my limits to see how long I can last in a Canadian winter. Thick sweaters, combo of electric and LP heat, toying with the idea of skirting......

I may just throw in the towel and rent a basement apartment for the worst of winter ~4 months. 
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Taruuk said:
    Yeah I have three solar panels on the roof (I'm testing them tonight for total power).

I don't have a complete plan for winter yet. At this point my goal is to test my limits to see how long I can last in a Canadian winter. Thick sweaters, combo of electric and LP heat, toying with the idea of skirting......

I may just throw in the towel and rent a basement apartment for the worst of winter ~4 months. 
    Skirting and putting a small heater underneath, plus a heated water hose, can make winter trailer life much more feasible. A friend who is a travel nurse with a non 4 season Winnebago did that last winter in a heavy snowfall area. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Taruuk, I knew of an owner of a Canadian roofing company who threw in the towel and rented a house on a Thai island for 4 months in the winter.  Way cheaper and a whole lot warmer😀
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Taruuk, welcome to the forum. We do love pictures, and appreciate an abbreviated travel blog here if you are so inclined. Wintering IS an interesting proposition, as me and my husband spent 16 days @ 7,000 ft altitude in Wyoming last November due to vehicle problems and some nights fell to -10°F. While both of us and our t@b 320 survived, it was cold. Let us know where you winter and how you fare.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    KFarriorKFarrior Member Posts: 13
    You know the South is fairly warm in the winter.  Here in Little Rock Arkansas it dips into the teens some nights. I have used my tab Max CS-S in the colder months here with an electric heater instead of using the trailers heating system. It didn’t take much to heat it up, also have had it at my daughters and used the trailers heating system and it stayed nice and toasty. I’ve seen a water hose heated rape so it won’t freeze. Just some suggestions. Good Luck.