Is 3 way Tab 400 fridge silent on AC?

We just turned on our 3 way Norcold refrigerator by holding the power button until the display came on.  We then toggled the power source until the AC plug icon was lit.

The button is now lit up green but we do not hear any sound coming from the refrigerator at all.  Is this normal?

We have the switch to the top left of the fridge next to the radio on (the blue light is on) that is required when the fridge is in AC mode (for ventilation?), is there anything we are missing?? 
2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
Chili, NY

Comments

• daviddendavidden Member Posts: 38
    You won’t hear the fridge at all. Check it in a bit and it should be cold. I think the switch is only needed if it’s pretty hot out. That’s what our dealer said.
    • 2020 T@B 400 BD Lite, white with blue accent line
    • 2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited 4WD with air springs
    • Santa Cruz, Calfornia
    • Surfer, Co-Founder of ventanasurfboards.com
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited September 2019

From another thread discussing the mysterious rocker button above the 3way frig in the 400:

Email from nuCamp Tech:

"That is the refrigerator fan switch to help circulate hot air made by the refrigerator.  I would recommend running it at all times😊"

Owners have reported that the frig will not run on battery unless the switch is on, so not sure if the fan runs automatically in other modes or what, but nuCamp recommended to leave the switch in the on position.  If you just leave it on continuously, you have one less thing to remember when you change over to battery.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    davidden said:
    You won’t hear the fridge at all. Check it in a bit and it should be cold. I think the switch is only needed if it’s pretty hot out. That’s what our dealer said.
    Wow, sure enough checked it first thing this morning and it is working great!  I cannot believe it doesn't make a sound and doesn't have a compressor, so happy about it.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
    Chili, NY
  • DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    Ours also doesn't make any noise on AC, DC or propane.  In our experience, the fridge will not run on DC battery or propane unless the mysterious green light fan switch is turned on.  If you don't have the switch on, the fridge looks like it is going to work an after about 15 seconds, you get an error message on the control panel.  Interestingly I can almost hear that fan running when I am outside near the fridge vents but not really inside the trailer.  Have fun!
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • k4mank4man Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2019
    So interesting to learn that that toggle switch is a fan circulator. The tech who did the walk-thru of our 2020 400 told us it was what enabled the battery to work....nothing about it being a fan. Thank you for getting am answer directly from NuCamp.
    2020 T@b 400 Boondock
    TV: 2013 Lexus GX 460