Options

Overnight Parking with Anderson Leveler

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I think you could probably substitute "Lego blocks" for "Anderson Leveler" in my question. ....  I am doing g three nights of overnight moochdocking and camping so I can have AC on my way out west (not thrilled with warmer than usual temps.) I would rather not unhitch from the TV. I will be pretty much at spots that I anticipate being dead level. If I roll the T@b up slightly on the Anderson leveler, to help the AC drain properly, is there any risk to the T@b or TV? I think it would proba ly be OK, especially if we are talking just a tiny bit.

Thoughts?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I do that all the time with the yellow lego blocks to get a 1.5 degree forward tilt in the summer, for that same reason.  I only unhook the 7pin since I read somewheres on this forum that some vehicles can have their batteries drain otherwise. 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I do it frequently, @jkjenn. Last spring it took me 21 days to drive from AZ back home in Indiana, and I didn’t unhitch once, and my Cool Cat drained just fine as I just adjusted with my Legos.

Your T@B moves with your tow vehicle on the hitch as you are driving and some Forest Service roads are really unlevel side to side, just as your levelers will make the T@B with levelers. 

You’ll be fine.

(I have to remember to unhook the 7-pin since the charging wire is hot on the F-150, but it wasn’t on the Tacoma...thanks, @DougH.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Last roadtrip of a couple weeks I didn’t unhitch three nights.  One night the site was unlevel in a way which had my required, for ac to drain, tongue down.  Second time was cool enough we slept with windows open.  Third, I used our Bal leveler to get the drain angle.  No, it won’t matter to be hitched.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Verna said:
    I do it frequently, @jkjenn. Last spring it took me 21 days to drive from AZ back home in Indiana, and I didn’t unhitch once, and my Cool Cat drained just fine as I just adjusted with my Legos.

Your T@B moves with your tow vehicle on the hitch as you are driving and some Forest Service roads are really unlevel side to side, just as your levelers will make the T@B with levelers. 

You’ll be fine.

(I have to remember to unhook the 7-pin since the charging wire is hot on the F-150, but it wasn’t on the Tacoma...thanks, @DougH.)
    Awesome, thanks, @Verna that was my thinking so glad to hear it confirmed.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @jkjenn I've used the Anderson to get fairly level on an odd site, still had a slant though. The only problem I can think of would be having to light your fridge on propane, and sleeping on a slant. You will do fine!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @jkjenn I've used the Anderson to get fairly level on an odd site, still had a slant though. The only problem I can think of would be having to light your fridge on propane, and sleeping on a slant. You will do fine!
    I will have AC and I will just slightly tilt, not a noticeable slant, at all. I might try it with just dead on level, too.