Canopy frame scratched TAB finish

JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
We use a Coleman 12x12 canopy over our clamshell, and last week’s 3 day trip included a lot of wind which enabled the canopy frame to occasionally rub against and scratch the finish of the open clamshell. Anyone with any thoughts on how to erase the scratches? They aren't significant, basically just cosmetic blemishes, but it would be nice to remove them. 

And since this was our second outing, we also managed to close the hatch while (we think) one of the kitchen cabinet doors was open, so there is a ‘dent’ on the inside of the clamshell hatch, and we are now wondering how to repair that as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited September 2019
    Try wd-40....and I am not even kidding. You can use that and a rag and try hand buffing them out. I haven't tried this with the T@b but it did work on my Jeep.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Depending on how deep the scuffs are...automotive rubbing compound. Auto parts store in the wash & wax section.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    JP2558 said:

And since this was our second outing, we also managed to close the hatch while (we think) one of the kitchen cabinet doors was open, so there is a ‘dent’ on the inside of the clamshell hatch, and we are now wondering how to repair that as well.

Thoughts?
    I've used plastic wood (almond color, I think) to fill a couple of dents but I can't promise that's the best solution as they're still visible (at least to me, because I know they're there). I've thought about covering them with some cute graphics.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the suggestions. WD-40 didn't work so I will next try the automotive rubbing compound. And I really like the suggestion for Plastic Wood!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @JP2558
    You might try "Polishing Compound" first.  Rubbing compound is somewhat abrasive and will leave a dull spot and require some finishing work anyway.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @JP2558 I can’t help with your finish but I can offer help with how they got there. My 13x13 has 10x10 leg span and due to winds picking it up and campground regulations against using stakes I had to be very creative. Lots of towels and ball bungees were my solution! Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Big fan of Meguiars products. I would try the Marine/RV M45 polish and if that isn’t strong enough go to the Professional M205 polish. Using a DA machine and foam pad for both. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the suggestions. For this coming weekend I think we will simply move it out about a foot away from the hatch!

Thanks, Jerry 

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    if its into the paint Nucamp will send you touch up paint for free. You have to request from a dealer and send photos but they mailed it direct to me. 
  • jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 78
    we use those pool tubes around places that could scratch out t@b
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/