Options

Awning Differences?

Anyone put eyes and hands on the two different awnings for our T@Bs from All Pro Adventures?  Specifically, the “T@B 400 Awning” listed for $529, and the “Deluxe T@B 400 Sun Canopy”, listed for $859, which appears to be an Isabella product?  That’s a pretty hefty price difference, and I’m trying to understand why and if it is worth the more expensive product?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2019
    The $529 model uses fiberglass poles. I’m finding that after over 4 years, my fiberglass poles are splintering very easily. 

The $859 Isabella uses aluminum poles. I helped set one up at üCamp 19 and I fell in love with it. One person can put it up, although you may need a small step stool. It held up fine during a 20+ mph straight line wind incident that flipped all west facing visors over their T@B’s. It’s on my wish list. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    At least on the 320 version, the less expensive version also appears to have fewer tensioning poles than the Isabella, which could lead to more ponding on top in heavy rain events and eventual sag of the fabric.

As with Verna’s comment, I’ve seen Isabella and Walker awnings outperform Pahaque during wind events due to the tensioning bars. The cheaper All Pro awning should also outperform Pahaque due to the superior design, but I don’t trust it will outperform or outlast the other two. It’s too new to the market and not tested over the long term yet, whereas the other two have been used in Europe for many years. I’m also budgeting to get the Isabella.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    This YouTube video should give you a sense of why the Isabella costs significantly more than the competition. It’s a beast.  https://youtu.be/IGBuvHbA7tE.  I sent an email to AllProAdventures to see when they expect to get them in stock.  
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 185
    We saw an Isabella on a 400 at the same campground we were staying in Maine a month ago. It was a thing of beauty ! It made the Pahaque visor on our 320 look like part of a tent !
    Dont get me wrong, I love our 
    Pahaque visor , but that Isabella ........... Wow ! No comparison . 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Wow. The Isabella is an impressive awning kit.
    Notice the tension tool used at the end of the video.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Wow! That’s one nice awning! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Whoa!  That video! Those Danes know how to build an RV awning!  Seems like a lot of work to put it up though. 
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    TNOutback said:
    Whoa!  That video! Those Danes know how to build an RV awning!  Seems like a lot of work to put it up though. 
    15 minutes, according to those who have it. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW