where to buy additional alde heaters and hoses from

I have seen multiple posts detailing winterizing Tabs by adding an additional alde heater to the enclosed tank area also heating pads. I went on the Alde website and they don't sell to Joe Soaps. Any idea where I get the parts from? The Alde website only lists RV dealers as sources.

Comments

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Attached is their parts catalog.  Speak with Mandy at 360-597-3017.  She is very helpful and a joy to work with.  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Thanks. Now I can't find the threads on the forum which discussed fitting them.
    Search for "Winter use of our T@B" by gregH.
    GregP is the one who originated the "basement" heater idea on page two of that thread (not gregH).
    I did not see anything about fitting an Alde heater down by the cold water tank. I know I saw a thread, unless I'm going bonkers in my old age.
    Bottom of page 1.  Lots of photos from gregP.  Greg installed an Alde mini-convector near the front of the fresh water tank and sealed in the entire area between the frame members.
    That would be what I want to do. Maybe a 120v heater for when I'm at a site.
    Ah great found it. Did not realise I had ended up on the last page of the post. The first has all the details. I have a tab 400 boondock but it looks the same job. Just got to find shower under floor heat circuit.
    Note to all. The lady suggested to talk to about parts from Alde tells me they will be moving soon. When they do it is possible they will no longer sell to the public. So get your parts now if you are contemplating the mod.
    @Tabaz So I purchased a 12v normally closed water valve. This will save me having to make a batch for the water drain. The valve and part of the drain pipe will be in the heated area with just a short 1" piece sticking outside. I am also trying to order a manual Alde 3 way valve for the extra Alde radiator so hopefully I can switch off the extra radiator when I don't need it.
    How did you manage to bleed the air out after the Alde installation?

@Tabaz how much coolant did you lose in the installation?
    Bleeding the air out of the system was one of the easier parts of this project!  I took Chan's advice and ran the system with the tongue at its lowest point.  Let it run for about an hour in this position and watch the fluid gurgle in the overflow tank (I assume that's the air being expelled).  Then put a rag under the manual bleed-off valve located on the passenger side at the very rear of the trailer (a little hard to find - it's on a 90* rubber elbow).  slowly open the knurled screw until fluid comes out, then re-tighten.  Do the same with the trailer with the rear end all the way up.  Then do the same with the trailer level.  The automatic bleed valve on the Alde took care of all the air in the new hose without much work on my part.

Not sure what your planning with the valves you mention.  I'm guessing you want the ability to bypass the hose loop in the basement.  If so, be cautious as to how that would affect the fluid flow in the cabin and whether shutting off the basement loop would restrict the fluid movement in the cabin.  I could not devise a solution to this, so I just made the basement loop a part of the cabin loop.  See my newest post under "Winter Use of our T@B."
    I have purchased a 3 way valve and some T pieces so when I switch the valve fluid will just bypass the basement loop via the parallel connection. The valve and bypass will be under the 3 way fridge. I have to go looking for the bleed screw. I also bought a bend and t with bleed valves and an extension pipe to make bleeding the new radiator easier.

• dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Tundra57 said:
    I have purchased a 3 way valve and some T pieces so when I switch the valve fluid will just bypass the basement loop

Me too!  It's en-route and I haven't decided exactly where and how I will use it. It was a little expensive. But, it just makes sense to be able to make the basement heating loop optional for when outside temps make it actually needed. No point in burning more propane when it's above freezing outside.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
    Tundra and Cliffhanger - could you provide sketches as to where you would put the 3-W valves in the existing hose line?
  • dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Tabaz said:
    Tundra and Cliffhanger - could you provide sketches as to where you would put the 3-W valves in the existing hose line?
    As soon as I figure this out. I had put off this project but the pending possible loss of Alde parts hastened the purchase of this valve and some short radiators and hose that I figured I might not be able to acquire without Mandy. My current wrestling match has been focused on getting the Victron 75/10 load terminals to actually work without turning themselves off. All my project so far have been electrical and not such radical surgery. I'm really interested in getting my basement insulated and heated. But, it's a big step to peel the bottom off and get this project under way... and I'll need to take a deep breath before tackling it.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
    I would create a parallel path to miss out the heater. One end with the three way valve and the other just a "t" connection. I'll draw it and post. The idea is the valve choses to route the alde hot coolant takes either back to where it went originally or through the new basement radiator. It is possible it could control how much flow returns directly and how much goes down to the basement. I ordered all the parts plus a lot of extras. Once they arrive I'll see how to mount everything then cut and route the pipe last. The 12v DC normally closed valve for the cold water drain arrived so I have to get a switch and some wire to mount the "empty" switch. Since I have the three way fridge and it has a switch above to run the fan behind the fridge I Will probably mount by that so it doesn't look odd.
    Here's my sketch. The Alde parts are slowly coming in. I think I'm going to buy another radiator and cut it in half for both ends of the basement with the long one in the middle between tanks.