Options

Some Alde 3010 first time use questions

We will be going out next weekend for our first 'cold weather' adventure. We have a 2018 320 CS that we bought used. I managed to locate the expansion tank and the glycol is above the minimum indicator - however:

1) I noticed that the three-prong electrical plug coming out of the Alde isn't plugged in to anything. I'm assuming this should be plugged into the two-outlet socket, in the adjacent storage compartment where the fuse box and electrical are, for use with electric only? (The manual has no mention of this cord... fwiw.)

2) The cord to the two outlet socket mentioned above goes into a hole and appears to be running towards the front of the camper. Is this supporting the Alde control panel, and/or the Jensen, and/or the SeeLevel monitor?

3) Does turning the digital control panel off shut down the heat and hot water system? (Preferable at night to increase darkness.)

4) We know we need to be aware of condensation build up overnight should we close all the windows and the fan hatch. What is the recommended method to prevent the heat going out top of the T@b should we leave a window cracked or the fan vent cracked?

Since we will be on an electric site (with water) we will be testing only the Alde electric systems alone, and plan to test the propane side of things (at the same campsite) in the spring.

Thanks for any input!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    edited October 2019
    The plug from the Alde should be plugged into the plug you mentioned. As near as I know, it is only used by the Alde.
    Turning off the digital control panel turns off the Alde heat and hot water.  You can find settings in the manual to turn off the display or have it "time out" so the light goes off.   Look for the little green light on the power button to see if your system is on.
    Have a manual?  You can find one here:
    At the very bottom of that page is a "Alde Simulator" that will give you a virtual Alde experience with the settings on your web page.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    I think the usual recommendation is to crack the roof vent a half inch or so and to leave one of the windows cracked as well (during colder weather) During warmer weather you would want to open the roof vent far enough that the fan can exaust while also cracking a window for fresh air intake.

You will have to adjust based on preference but fresh air exchange is key to preventing condensation.  If you wake up and there is condensation, you did not have enough ventilation.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
    Chili, NY
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the comments. One thing I should clarify with regards to question 2 is that the two outlet socket has a large plug already plugged into it. My hence my inquiry is if that is supporting the alde control panel/Jensen/SeeLevel electronics?

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    @JP2558,

1 and 2.  The Alde is on it’s own 120 v circuit.  It should be labeled as such in the fuse box.  You should keep it plugged in at all times.  It will vibrate loose, so use something to secure it to the outlet.

3.  If you are actively heating the cabin or heating water you need to keep the control panel turned on.  As pthomas noted, you can set it to blank out the screen until you tap it to view the display.

4.  To prevent condensation in the CS, you need air flow.  Crack open the fan vent AND crack open the front window.  From experience with our CSS in the winter, if you crack open the side windows, it draws cool air near the Alde display where the thermostat is located.  This will result in the thermostat signally to keep heating the cabin and you will wake up feeling like a baked sheet of brownies😜

Regarding only testing the Alde while on electric, you can run the Alde on electric and LPG at the same time.  While the system will always default to AC electric when available, if you have the LPG tank open and LPG selected along with electric on the Alde,  the LPG kicks in when the cabin temperature falls a couple degrees below the selected thermostat setting.  Also, it is much faster to heat the cold cabin by using both electric and LPG.  I believe you get 5 KW of power to heat the Alde plus the almost 2 KW from the electric, so much faster then just heating on the electric alone.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    @Sharon_is_SAM - Thanks! We are expecting low temps in the 40’s both nights of our stay. And since we have two days to ‘play’, perhaps we will test both electric only, and then add the propane on day two.

Thanks, Jerry